provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:43 am
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: Wrong amount of time
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:38 pm 

Hello

This happened to me on another clean installation too, so it may be a bug, When I have a $5 card and the selling rate is 8 cents per minute A2Billing says I have 2 Minutes and 30 Seconds, when I changed my balance to $4 it said I have something around 50 Minutes. Has anyone run into this? How can it be fixed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:34 pm 

Hello arya6000,

I ran in to something a bit similar, but in my case, the error was not consistent. I figured that the voice prompt was being disrupted somehow. I need to double check. The same think happen sometimes during the prompt that says "Please enter the number you wish to call and then press the pound key". Sometimes, I only hear it like "wish to call and then press the pound key". It my be a sign that I need to upgrade either my server, or my Internet connection bandwidth.

Let me know if you figure out a way. I will do the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:45 pm 

asiby wrote:
Hello arya6000,

I ran in to something a bit similar, but in my case, the error was not consistent. I figured that the voice prompt was being disrupted somehow. I need to double check. The same think happen sometimes during the prompt that says "Please enter the number you wish to call and then press the pound key". Sometimes, I only hear it like "wish to call and then press the pound key". It my be a sign that I need to upgrade either my server, or my Internet connection bandwidth.

what is your internet connection right now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:22 pm 

3 mbps Upstream and Downstream (Symetrical) on a fiber optic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:04 am 

asiby wrote:
Hello arya6000,

A 1-2 second timeout is needed before saying this prompt as I experience it once in a blue moon especially when I dial into the system from PSTN. This is due to the VoIP provider's start delay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:03 pm 

cyberglobe wrote:
asiby wrote:
Hello arya6000,

A 1-2 second timeout is needed before saying this prompt as I experience it once in a blue moon especially when I dial into the system from PSTN. This is due to the VoIP provider's start delay.

I tried this again, and I was the only one calling the system, so I'm sure that my hardware and bandwidth are good. If I call a $5 card when calling a country with a selling rate of 3 cents per minute. The system says: I have one hundred and 6 minutes instead of one hundred and sixty minutes or something similar. I changed the balance of the same card to $4.50 and it told me that I have one hundred and fifty five minutes. maybe a voice clip is missing? are you sure that doesn't happen to you too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:30 pm 

I tried calling another country, the rate simulator on the web browser told me that I have 64 minutes, but When I call it, the voice prompt says I have 4 Minutes. I Think I'm missing the "sixty" voice prompt. What folder should I look for it?

Thanks

Added after 53 minutes:

This is very strange I upgraded Asterisk from 1.4.4 to 1.4.5 and now its fixed, it seems that 1.4.4 was very buggy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:36 pm 

Can you run the asterisk CLI (Command Line Interface) in the linux console in verbose mode to see if the timeout calculated is ok. This will confirm that it's really the voice prompt file that is missing.

The command is:

Code:
# asterisk -rvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Add as many v as needed. The more v you have, the more verbose asterisk will be.

VoIP Billing solution