provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:14 am
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: Few questions
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:11 am 

Hello Folks,

I am fairly new to A2B and trying to use A2B (1.2.3) with Trixbox (2.0.0) (freePBX 2.2.1). I have succesfully installed A2B and tested with Trixbox. I'd like to avoid all prompts in A2B for all incoming calls for a particular DID.

I am trying to use caller ID authentication to do the following:

(1) Directly dial a particular extension or a phone number if incoming caller ID matches with one specific caller ID in a customer.

(2) Executes an IVR which will ask for an extension number if incoming caller ID matches with one specific caller ID. In other words I want to attach custom IVR with some specific caller IDs but not all.

(3) Executes a time condition if incoming caller ID does not match with any of the caller IDs setup in any customers.

I have enabled caller_id parameter in a2billing.conf and it worked for caller ID authentication. But it then asks to enter the destination number. Also I am not sure where should I plug my custom IVR.

I have tried finding my answers in this forum but I guess my requirements are unique.

I have achieved all of the above tasks in Trixbox but I'd like to use A2B. I appreciate if some one can post easy to follow instructions.
Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:25 am 

Are you trying to create a Hotline number that will charge the customer for his time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:41 pm 

Thanks cyberglobe. The answer is Yes & No. I want to generate call detail report/invoice from A2B for some customer caller IDs but not all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:02 pm 

Is this for Business Clients and Residential Clients support line?

If so, instead of doing CallerID checking (since business lines can have different numbers and you would need to program all their numbers in) why not just ask for their account number and assign them a password. This way you can create an IVR which will accept this as input and you can reassign to where they need to go.

CallerID is ok if you ALWAYS get from one phone number but if the business has hundreds of lines and each line has a different DID, then you need to program them all.

Best thing is to assign them a card alias and add them into a tariff group that will force dial another card alias. The destination card alias is assigned to dial a SIP Extension on your FreePBX box which would run a ring group (NOT A Queue since a QUEUE will answer the call) Now program the destination card alias to be charged X mount per minute.

Also setup music on hold for the card alias/ratecard instead of ringing so that the client knows he is waiting instead of getting the dreaded ring ring in the ear.

This is how I would interpret your setup and have not set this up myself. This is just as a few guidelines what you could try for your project.

Since you have to let your guy know that he is calling, he will have to always keep his support card with himself to enter in the support code for access.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:52 pm 

Thanks again cyberlog. Since I am new to A2B, I am not clear how to achieve my goals.

"If so, instead of doing CallerID checking (since business lines can have different numbers and you would need to program all their numbers in) why not just ask for their account number and assign them a password. This way you can create an IVR which will accept this as input and you can reassign to where they need to go."

Does this mean I need to create a new customer and use card number as account number and password as password? I am not sure where will I attach my IVR in A2B to accept A/C# as input. I do know where can I attach IVR in freePBX.

"Best thing is to assign them a card alias and add them into a tariff group that will force dial another card alias. The destination card alias is assigned to dial a SIP Extension on your FreePBX box which would run a ring group (NOT A Queue since a QUEUE will answer the call) Now program the destination card alias to be charged X mount per minute."

I am not familiar with card alias and how to assign a SIP extension to a card alias.

I am sorry if I am asking very questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:27 pm 

Please start reading these forum posts to get started on learning how to use a2billing.

http://forum.asterisk2billing.org/viewtopic.php?t=1733

For Spanish:
http://forum.asterisk2billing.org/viewt ... highlight=

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:13 am 

Thanks again cyberglobe. I read both of these fantastic easy to follow instructions and that's how I installed and tested a2b with Trixbox.
Things which are not clear to me: (a) where and how would I attach a custom IVR in a2b (I know in Trixbox I can attach it with an extension) and (b) how can I force a particular extension # to be dialed using card alias?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:40 am 

sme wrote:
Thanks again cyberglobe. I read both of these fantastic easy to follow instructions and that's how I installed and tested a2b with Trixbox.
Things which are not clear to me: (a) where and how would I attach a custom IVR in a2b (I know in Trixbox I can attach it with an extension) and (b) how can I force a particular extension # to be dialed using card alias?

a: write your custom IVR in the extensions_custom.conf and then point it via the Custom Extension code in FreePBX. If you want to do this in A2Billing, I personally don't know cause I have never done it. However I think you would have to do it in the a2Billing.php script.

b: what do you mean? You want to dial a card Alias and it would dial an extension number in Trixbox? You could setup a rate card to a number you want and set a new trunk with additional parameters to dial the [email protected] so it goes to Trixbox's extension you want.

Auto Dialer Software