Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:17 am
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:53 am 

I think a2billing is an HTML application.
So you need an HTML compatible browser.

Don't use IE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:20 pm 

Hi callingcard,

I afraid that xrg might be right.

We have made more than 100 web sites in the past using standards compliant coding practices. Everything went smoothly until IE7 came on the market. It's a real game killer. Macromedia Flash applications stopped working cause you have to click on them to "activate them" first. Cookies that were being set for different reasons (authentications, shopping carts, ...) were no longer working properly. Font sizes are sometimes no longer rendered the way they used to, and the list goes on. IE often does not follow W3C standards.

Also, I think that Microsoft is an IT security freak. Whatever you try to do, you need to allow or deny it. And strangely enough, many features in IE7 have a default value that does not make any sense, specially when it used to be a different default value in the previous version of IE.

My way of dealing with clients is this: "For a better experience, we recommend the following web browser ....."

And of course, IE is not at the top of the list.

It's like having someone who likes the advantages of a Mac computer, but they prefer to find some software that mimic the behavior of the Mac on PCs. Why not simply buy a Mac.

I told one of the clients that our part was done and that their problems were caused by a buggy IE that they were using. And I even had a bug report from Microsoft's web site to prove it. That is what make them think twice about IE. Now, they have IE and Mozilla of their work stations.

I know that we must do our best to please our clients, but there is a limit to everything. For example, in the past, I remember that IE has had a major security hole with the SSL protocol. If that sort of think happen in the future (for any browser), I will right a code to prevent any connection to our A2B installation with the faulty browser, no matter what the client wants. And they will have a message giving them the proper explanation for our course of action.

Predictive Dialer