Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 pm
Predictive Dialer

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:08 am 

I thought about that part actually. I have never used the music on hold instead of ringing. But I was guess that if it's a regular music on hold that is supposed to be playing during ringing, when the line is busy, the music would not play. So will be the case for my fake ringing. Right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:12 am 

I was thinking that sometimes it can take upto 5 seconds to determine the user is busy/unreachable. Perhaps if you made a custom MoH starting with 5-6 seconds of silence, then ringback tone...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:13 am 

I think what i meant was 20 seconds before the phone even ring... =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:21 am 

sonvan wrote:
I think what i meant was 20 seconds before the phone even ring... =)
You mean the PDD? Post dial delay? That's what asiby is trying to work around, for specific cases.
Your case may not be one of them. It could be local problem, caused by your server. Watch the Asterisk console closely whilst dialing to see where it pauses. It could possibly be a sign of your carrier trying multiple routes on your behalf until one works. Or perhaps they have a heavily overloaded server which is slowing things down. Calls to cellular destinations via cheap carriers often have PDD > 15 seconds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:25 am 

Ok. I will try all it and give let you know how it goes.

Sonvan, if your problem is not similar to what I have describe, is it consistent? Cause sometimes, depending on the number of failover trunk that they have. It may take time before the phone rings on the other side. If that is the case, I am not sure what to do to avoid the 20 seconds. In my case, as soon as asterisk show that the phone is ringing, I starts making noise and only then I can hear the phone ringing.

Added after 2 minutes:

:D We thought about the same thing Stavros.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:20 pm 

i have the same issue, as soon as i enter the phone number it starts rining but the phone that belongs to the number i dialed does not ring for some time. how do i avoide this ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:50 pm 

See here.

Added after 3 hours 18 minutes:

Hey, Asiby, before you get too engrossed in that kludgy workaround for the RTP problem, have a look at this. It was committed a few weeks back. 8)

Added after 7 minutes:

OK, so I lied. It was actually committed years ago, so you're already running it. Sorry for the noise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:08 am 

No. You were right. That's a very good reference. I have compiled and installed Zaptel to provide a timing source using ztdummy on all our asterisk installations. We am running Asterisk 1.4.17 (the latest version available is 1.4.18 ). I will read the whole thing and see if any additional configuration is required in asterisk.

Last edited by asiby on Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Need Urgent Help with carriex
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:57 pm 

Hi All
I have registered with carriexchange and have send a few email for help with setup & how to go about routing to my switch.

Can some1 please help me with basic setup,

please mail at: sux777(@)gmail.com with your msn or any other contact details...
I thank you in advance .

Post subject: can any one tell us how much he wired to carriex without Pb
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:54 pm 

Hi

I want to wire to Carriex and also sell traffic with them and i wanna know till how much I can trust them , so if one of you guys had any problem with them regarding money , either by wiring them or expecting them to send him money, we will all appreciate very much, if he can shar e his experience i my self want to transfer them 1000 USD for a start, is it too much, i also can terminate traffic to Algeria so if any one of you had a simiilar experience just tell us.
Or you can tell us how muc did you wire without having problmes with them

Thanks to all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:58 am 

How do you guys handle importing the rates from CarrieXchange into A2B? I'm going crazy trying to match dialprefix to location to rate etc. - but is there an easier/automated way to do that?

Another thing I am having problems with is trying to figure out what to set the buyrate to. I'd like to be optimistic and think I'll get the lowest rate, but that rarely happens...

Post subject: Carriexchange Commissions ?
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:44 am 

Dear all,

Can anyone please enlighten me about Carriexchange commission scheme ?

I cant see any information about this on their website. We asked them and they told us the commission is 5%, however they also told us that they are moving to a new scheme which will be posted on their website. Nothing to be seen so far.

Can anyone shed any light on their past commission policies and whether this 5% has been applied in the past, who is paying buyer or seller or both ?

And last: Has anyone ever received any money from them, as hard cash on bank account ?

Thanks for your input.

GeeJay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:13 am 

Hi

Both buyers and sellers pay a 5% commission so if you are buying you have to add 5% to the posted price and if you r selling you have to deduct 5% from your posted selling price, for getting hard cash i still don t know .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:32 pm 

That's nice to know... had no idea until now. Would make a lot of difference for some rates.

Slightly out of topic- but is it just me or are the cheapest carriers on there always terrible quality? I wanted to try them in hope that maybe I can find better carriers for "hard" routes like Brazil and west Africa, but they're even worse than what I have already...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:00 pm 

Most of the disparity between prices can be attributed some carriers operating within the relevant local laws, whilst some do not. This Wikipedia article explains what a white/grey/black route is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Voice Broadcast System