Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:01 pm
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:25 pm 

callingcard wrote:
Maybe we should start a new thread offering our own routes.
Please don't, as that would clearly be in contravention of the forum rules: this forum is not to spam our list with own rates, it aims to give advices about VOIP carriers and informations about how to set them up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:30 pm 

nitzan wrote:
$200/month is nothing, but their $10,000 "setup" fee is ridiculous.

No idea about their quality, my guess is it's not great since they're an exchange and not a carrier. Also heard very bad things from a friend who is the VP of a large VoIP carrier, in his words "they're a bunch of thieves". It got so bad that they stopped using them completely.

Overall in international I think nothing beats direct routes where you have an actual carrier who's accountable to you. However to be able to actually get these kinda routes you'd have to first build enough traffic which can take months or even years.

$10K for what just for setup... its too much....what they do with this i mean is it for used as security or what? please explain??
After reading your comments if u are true then i will never go for Arbinet..
Can you comment on CarrieXchange as well?? should i go towards them???
Any comments about www.toptrustescrow.com, they also sell/buy??

How can i start direct routes i dont have idea about that..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:23 pm 

My Opinions only ...

Arbinet -> unless you're doing major volume and spending over $20K / month don't even think about it. One of their sales managers called me a little bit ago and that was what I thought. They do have lesser plans, but then you pay a higher fee, don't get to pick the vendor for the route and things like that.

CarrieXchange -> I wish that I'd have had better luck, but my experience was very bad. It seems they let anyone on and the quality was just horrible, complete with almost constant FAS and no true ringback signal.

Direct Routes -> Well the best way is you have contacts or you go directly to the country. You establish connections with the telco's or setup your own E's or GSM ATA's, then get the internet and make your own route. A direct route means that it goes from you to the terminating country and out to the terminating point. No middle men to route / reroute / change codecs, etc. Again, you need to really do volume and do at least a E1 for it to be worthwhile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:06 pm 

I think the idea is to try to keep the site focused on the A2B programs, and to make sure that the site doesn't start to get spammed by the tons of people that do nothing but resell routes.

But amongst the real users of A2B, I like the idea. Maybe we could have a private section that you get admitted to if you have 30+ posts or something that you could have access to and then talk about and share this type of information ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:04 am 

I agree - I'd love to be able to discuss/trade routes with other members.
I do see the spam potential though, so it has to be a separate sub-forum I would think, and users should be allowed to post a route only ONCE. Also a good idea would be to limit access to registered users over X months so we know it is a real user and not some guy who signed up to spam.

Regarding Arbinet: their $10,000 "setup" fee goes towards lining their pocket.. it has no purpose other than give them profit. We definitely do more than $20,000 a month but even then I doubt we'll be saving much going through Arbinet. We already have access to similar rates through various other sources.

CarrieXchange: the concept is great - but the execution is horrible. Anyone can offer a route to anywhere and just put it on auto-answer-and-wait (FAS) to literally steal your money. You have no way to know whether your call is really going through to the destination advertised or it's just being routed to some FAS switch and going nowhere. In general I found CarrieXchange to be completely useless in 99% of cases. Quality is horrible even for the routes that do work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:51 pm 

nitzan wrote:
I agree - I'd love to be able to discuss/trade routes with other members.
I do see the spam potential though, so it has to be a separate sub-forum I would think, and users should be allowed to post a route only ONCE. Also a good idea would be to limit access to registered users over X months so we know it is a real user and not some guy who signed up to spam.

Regarding Arbinet: their $10,000 "setup" fee goes towards lining their pocket.. it has no purpose other than give them profit. We definitely do more than $20,000 a month but even then I doubt we'll be saving much going through Arbinet. We already have access to similar rates through various other sources.

CarrieXchange: the concept is great - but the execution is horrible. Anyone can offer a route to anywhere and just put it on auto-answer-and-wait (FAS) to literally steal your money. You have no way to know whether your call is really going through to the destination advertised or it's just being routed to some FAS switch and going nowhere. In general I found CarrieXchange to be completely useless in 99% of cases. Quality is horrible even for the routes that do work.

So if Arbinet and CarrieXchange both are useless then what should i do?
Actually i am going to start a calling card and i am expecting big traffic but for that big traffic i need cheap rates and quality as well. Can anyone of you tell me how can i buy traffic directly from big vendors like AT&T and Verizone. How can i contact them for buying traffic and how much they need initially??
thanks in advance

Added after 1 minutes:

krzykat wrote:
My Opinions only ...

Arbinet -> unless you're doing major volume and spending over $20K / month don't even think about it. One of their sales managers called me a little bit ago and that was what I thought. They do have lesser plans, but then you pay a higher fee, don't get to pick the vendor for the route and things like that.

CarrieXchange -> I wish that I'd have had better luck, but my experience was very bad. It seems they let anyone on and the quality was just horrible, complete with almost constant FAS and no true ringback signal.

Direct Routes -> Well the best way is you have contacts or you go directly to the country. You establish connections with the telco's or setup your own E's or GSM ATA's, then get the internet and make your own route. A direct route means that it goes from you to the terminating country and out to the terminating point. No middle men to route / reroute / change codecs, etc. Again, you need to really do volume and do at least a E1 for it to be worthwhile.

Can you please tell me on which website i can find good direct routes with cheap price and quality?

Post subject: Thats just the thing..
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:14 am 

IMHO, I think people don't really want to SHARE where they get there termination from, becuase you are LITERALLY feeding potential competition :lol: I too would be interested to know where some get there termination from. I currently am running SOLELY on VT, but I know that to survive in this business, I'm going to need a lot more carriers under my belt. I do have a small to mid size of volume (75K+) but the trouble is looking for good termination so that you can provide lower rates, but higher quality.

Thats just my 2cents Canadian :wink:

Post subject: Re: Thats just the thing..
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:20 pm 

cg180759 wrote:
IMHO, I think people don't really want to SHARE where they get there termination from, becuase you are LITERALLY feeding potential competition :lol: I too would be interested to know where some get there termination from. I currently am running SOLELY on VT, but I know that to survive in this business, I'm going to need a lot more carriers under my belt. I do have a small to mid size of volume (75K+) but the trouble is looking for good termination so that you can provide lower rates, but higher quality.

Thats just my 2cents Canadian :wink:

Dear canadian :)

i think u are right. and i understand one more thing that we should not believe in these guys becoz their information might be biased and thats why they are trying us to go away from Xchanges like CarrieXchange and Arbinet......they might be using themselves anywayss i think these disscussion are useless bcoz everybody has its own bussiness and nobody wants to share bussiness secrets....but i also will like to say that if we dont share our bussiness secrets we should also avoid giving comments about other companies....

:)

Post subject: CARRIEX REDEEM PROBLEMS
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:33 pm 

Hello, i have problem with carriex for redeems request,

i have 2 redeems request since Nov 24 2008 , i send 10 emails, no one on the phone line, i have no answer. Let me know how someone can help me to get my money. ( $700)

Best reagrds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:12 pm 

I've had no luck with them, and haven't offered any routes up to them. Please share your experience with them and let us know the final outcome on this. I really hope you get your money out of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:57 pm 

looking for carriers is tough. VT used to work for me but became bad all of a sudden. I have been using Net2phone for the past 9 months, worked fine till the last 3 days. It has been terrible and they don't care.

I also tried Ing-telecom and a some piece of crap. Their customer service and response were superb but they just had a bad product. I tested Vitelity but does not seem to work well.

This morning I tested Worldcall, looks ok but its only a test and they usually put you on their best routes for testing any.

I'll keep looking and will share any info I get from any carrier. Share yours if you have any. Anyone that recommends Carriexchange is probably a fake. I wonder how they're still in business, its the biggest joke around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:48 pm 

This one is Belgium. I tested their trunks and was pretty good but much expensive than I willing to pay.

Post subject: Re: Discussions about CarrieXchange
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:15 pm 

I regret the day I have charged my carrieXchange account.
I have charged 50$ so I could give it a try but I can't use it, I have wrote several mails to support and have received NO answer within 10 Days!
Please be aware and think twice about using carrieXchange.
It is very possible that I made a mistake but I expect atleast a answer to my mail.
No I'm trying to get my money back.

Post subject: BEWARE!! Carriexchange is a fraud!!!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:49 am 

BEWARE!! CarrieXchange is a fraud!!!

I have deposited $50 (for testing) in my carrieX account in the last week of june and then tried to use the service but it didnt worked.

I contacted them but no response. It's over a month now and nobody has responded.

Post subject: Re: Discussions about CarrieXchange
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:36 am 

voipuser1400: I had exactly the same problems with them. I contacted Visa and explained them the problems, sent them a copy of the mails and Visa refunded me the 50$ without any problems. Talk to your bank or CC Company, they can help.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Hosted Voice Broadcast