provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:40 am
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject: CallerID not been sent on Voicetrading
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:14 pm 

Hello,

Has anyone signed up for a voictrading USD account. I signed up a few days ago and found out that the callerID does not get sent when I use it. It works for the EUR account.

Off course, I have reported this their support team numerous times but have had no response.

They have the worst support system. Before you sign up with them, they require certain company documentation from you and yet, they have a very shady customer service. If I provided the kind of customer service they do, I would be out of business.

Please come back to me on your experiences with the VT USD account.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:09 pm 

Where are you calling that they are passing CLID ? I know when I tested them in US, they weren't passing it. What is the advantage of having the USD account ? I assume they are just fixing the pricepoint against the euro anyhow, so what's the advantage of buying an extra account from them?

I'll be glad to test it out, but you KNOW you will never hear from their tech-support.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:08 am 

I think the big advantage is that you pay $500 as opposed to paying EUR500 which is a big difference. I have a EUR account with them as well and know that EUR500 equates to just over $700.

Secondly, it does not matter where you are calling with the USD account, the CLID does not get passed.

Also, I thought having the EUR account would at least save me the currency conversion work.

But talking about their support system, why is it as it is. The have good prices and calls are of good quality as well, but their customer support is crap (pardon me). They only respond when its a sales enquiry but never when its a support issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:14 am 

They never have, and I think never will (reply to support questions) ... who knows why.

So if you take say $750 at a pop from them, then there really would be no difference getting the USD account right? Well, you might save a point by the currency conversion.

They have some good routes, some bad, but Always ALWAYS horrible support. I found false answers even, and nothing can be done about it, you just have to eat it. The problem is you get the false answer passed to your customers too and then it can make you look bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:17 am 

I agree sjack55. We have recently acquired server in Europe and the ping time is only 15ms from our server to Voice Trading servers. The quality is jaw-dropping. Customer have been congratulating us. Be their support of is just as lame and inexistent than ever.

Edited for typo

Last edited by asiby on Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:19 pm 

I had (have) problems with Senegal mobiles. It keeps ringing, or it connects but I hear nothing. I told them about the problem and they replied with a standard answer from their faq page. After I didn't receive an answer anymore.

Anyone else having problems with Senegal mobiles (and voicetrading) ? It's since a month, before it was working.
Anyone an alternative for Senegal mobiles, maybe carriexchange ?

Thanks for some suggestions.

Regards,

Maarten

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:31 pm 

Did you try VT's Premium route also to make sure? Yes, you definately need to have alternative carriers to VT ... too unreliable at times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:21 am 

Well if we are talking CallerID passing on USA calls, which provider offers that?? it used to be voipjet - but not anymore. ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:29 am 

I got plans to offer that wholesale, but will take me a couple months before I'm ready to roll it out. 8)

Why'd they stop passing it? They too cheap to pay for it, or were people abusing it with spoofing the ANI ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:35 am 

probably too many people are abusing it. So when you go wholesale, let me know!! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:14 am 

Someone mentioned Senegal calls. I had problems with that as well. I simply routed them to my other provider which is Ipage. You can check them out (www.ipagecall.com). They have very competitive rates as well. They also have a very good customer support system.

Post subject: Senegal mobiles
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:17 pm 

I am still having problems with Senegal mobiles. It keeps ringing and ringing, but I never get an answer. I thought it was a Voicetrading problem, but I tried some carrieXchange carriers and I am having the same problem.
I have no idea where to look.

When I do a diagnose call in Carriexchange I see they are using g729 codec, can this be the problem ? I have g729 loaded (if I unload I do not have ivr sound).

Can anyone has an idea ?
Would be more then welcome.

Thanks,

Maarten

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:58 pm 

Actually, it has nothing to do with abuse. I seriously doubt VoiceTrading could care less about abuse unless it hurt their bottom line.

The issue is as always - $$$. When you pass an "international" non-CLI call to the US it gets billed at really low rates (we're talking $0.006/min and below). But when you pass a CLI call it gets billed at inter/intrastate rates which are usually higher (but not always). Basically, an intrastate call will typically get billed at rates like 0.01-0.05/min (and sometimes more).

Having said that, I believe it is absolutely crucial to give your users outgoing-CLI if they have a DID with you. Otherwise you'll remain with no customers. As such I'm in the process of negotiating with several carriers to get better/manageable intrastate rates. I can't promise anything yet, but if things go as planned I might be able to offer you guys CLI termination at 0.01/min or so. ;)

Having said that- what is actual demand for that product around here? how many monthly minutes do you guys terminate to the US?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:10 am 

asiby wrote:
I agree sjack55. We have recently acquired server in Europe and the ping time is only 15ms from our server to Voice Trading servers. The quality is jaw-dropping. Customer have be congratulating us. Be their support of is just as lame and inexistent than ever.

Asiby, can you share information about server. I also plan to use voicetrading and plan to acquire server closer to them

Thanks
Visu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:58 am 

Our servers are of the following type and the bandwidth is 100mbps

- Rackmounted HPs with quad core 2 xeon (8 CPU), 4 Gb or RAM 3 hard drive, RAID 0/1 configured as mirrors. 64 bits.

- Intel Core2Duo E6550 2x 2.33 GHz L2: 4Mo, 64 bits, 1 Go DDR2, 2x 250 Go

- Rackmounted Dells, less powerfull I will need to check the config.

- P4, core duo, ...

Auto Dialer Software