Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:08 pm
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:37 am 

I understand now what you mean. This structure that is going to be put in place should not be directly available to retail clients anyway. We are providers and we have individual customers as well as business customers. The business customers are either other VoIP companies or broadband phone users. All the partners can have their own customers, but their customers should not know about anything beyond their gateways. And central access point in term of a web site or communication tool is an excellent idea. Also, I have to modify a statement that I had made in one of my previous posts. I still don't want a central gateway to manage calls, but a DUNDI configuration might be able to do what we need. There would never be a central point through which calls will have to go through. Calls will be distributed in an elegent way.

In the even that we need to approach big guys for a call termination deal, then we can simply compile an aggregated CDR that will include the minutes made by all the partners. Hopefully, that will end up being a few millions minutes a day for some destinations (in a long run).

By the way, this is not just for the sake for discussion. It takes time to write those lengthy messages, and time ... I don't have. I have already contacter one of my partners who has a Canada Wide PRI and must have contacted you by now. If not, then I will talk to him again.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:26 pm 

first, Asiby do u have any comments on Sidimustafa's post.

Secondly, about central gateway, like I have suggested in my previous post, we can have a kind of gateway for those who want to buy just little or test your line. Also those who want to resell as some one mentioned previously can have the opportunity to do that.

I understand that you want the call to be from your gateway to the provider/client gateway without intermediary which make sense in term of direct route. We can still do it with a centalized web/office.

Let say we now have abc.com. I can go there to make and inquiry of the participant/providers. then If I get a route that I want to buy I can select either to connect directly with the provider or send my call to abc.com. If I choose provider direct connection then the IP address that I will send my call to is the provider's IP address not abc.com.
On the other hand If I am buying from many provider I can decide to send it to abc.coms' IP address. In this case we want abc.com to only redirect the call to the actual providers route. If possible abc will only involve at the signaling and the media goes directly to the provider.
I dont know if it is possible or not.

I also, dont want another central gateway that will downgrade the quality of the call.

I dont understand how we can use DUNDI in this case. If am wrong please correct me. It seems it can not do what we are trying to achieve.

I got a pm from a guy in canada. He already shows his interest. I think we've got enough people to start with. Now, the question/argument is how to plan the system. I know other people will join the pioneers later. We just need to make it something reasonable for all. If it requires modifying what we have now for start we can do that and later upgrade.

What do u guys think?

regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:21 am 

maoworld wrote:
first, Asiby do u have any comments on Sidimustafa's post.

I think that we are all already talking too much (including myself) with little action. Starting to plan 4 meetings and having those meeting is only going to waste more time. The extra resources that need to be added will still need to be developed or purchased and put in place. All I am saying is that we need to keep it simple. I have a direct access to a Canada Wide PRI. Now if I get you to connect yourself to that PRI in both directions, then it will be done. That's really all we need. Direct Interops and it's done. It can be discussed over the phone and the technical part can be done the same day. Since it would be a prepaid service, virtually no harm can be done.

After that, if some of your customers want to send traffic to Toronto where you don't have a T1, then you will not have to let them know about us. You can tell them that "YES" you do have TDM quality termination in Toronto. The end result is the same and you keep your customers and everyone is happy. Simplicity is all that I am looking for. This Canada Wide PRI is a very particular situation. In most cases, people will have PRI in certain LATA only. If I only had and Ottawa PRI, after connecting our systems with yours, I would defend the idea that I have a PRI quality in Vancouver as well; confident that it will go through your T1 line.

Also, to be honest, we don't have much spare time for getting involved in creating and maintaining the kind of structure that you were talking about. Personally, 24h a day is no longer enough for the daily business that we need to get done at this point. That's really why we need to keep it as simple as possible.

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:45 am 

Yes, enough of debate. We need to go into practical now.
here is the plan:

1. We dont need to puchase stuff at this time. we can try and modify/rewrite what we have. I had a look at DUNDI it seems it can serve our purpose. The Only problem there is configuration. but that one can be done easily.
2. Dundi does not involve in the call protocol (SIP,IAX2,H323) it's most job is to get the route. Therefor it will be a direct call. I will concentrate my work on it. You will be able to add the configuration to your asterisk system without much trouble. In some cases be automated.

3. I will make a very simple web portal , just for registration of members, information about your system, tech (IAX,SIP,H232) or if you which to sell yours to other non member/visitors you can have a space there as well. Also I will create a black list corner to blacklist the bad guys with their information.
The IP address of your gateway must be one of the IP's Address for that country. (this is an option for contract and I will flag warning if not the same)
Also, we have to implement a mailing system that will send email to us when some is trying to buy/contact you for more information on your system etc.

4. I will work on temporary domain for now and we can decide on the domain name next time.

5. By this time next week I should be out with something.

6. In other for us to get the ball rolling quickly, we need to find a way to invite those that have their tiny-tiny gateway to join us. I am sure for Canada/USA there is no doubt about the quality route. But for european countries, Africa, Asia etc we will need honest guys to participate.
Hope some one will take that scope while I focus on the development.

If there is no question or clarifification I will continue with the above so that we can start from some where.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:20 pm 

Well seems you all may need not need to set up a system at all.

Some people have already done it!

http://www.voipcoop.org/viewtopic.php?t=11

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:43 pm 

Quote:
Well seems you all may need not need to set up a system at all.

Some people have already done it!

This is an idea raised at ACC Forum. They never implement it. Just like this forum too. We had this disscusion some where for about six months and everything dies off like that. If you know the link for the voip coop (not the forum) please give me.

What we are trying to do here is not the same as what they plan to do at ACC forum. Our plan is to be able to sell route directly to each other. That is one of the reason why we dont want central gateway. For example the call will go directly from A provider gateway to C provider gateway without (B) or any central gateway. Even if B is at the middle it must not involve in the call. if you have only 5 channels you will be able to sell your 5 channels directly to the buyer without any gateway at the middle.

Also, I have tried DUNDi interconnection and I think it will serve the purpose but the problem is that it requires some set-up which I am not sure many people are confortable with. If you are using asterisk as your gateway there is no problem but anything else will create connectivity problem.

please I need your input to the above.
Also I want to kow if we really need to continue or not according to GeekBoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:36 pm 

Not quite the same.
As we are not trying to create new protocol. We just want to use existing stuffs without a central switch/gateway. I am currently using dundi and it works very great. I will provide you add-on API that you can add to plain a2billing. It's already included in my billing that I hope to release later.

Post subject: Re: Can this be a solution to solve our carrier provider problem
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:10 pm 

I've almost complete the development of the website. I am currently debugging the system and adding more stuff to accomplish the goal. I need some guys to check the site and make your comment. especially I am currently checking for buggs which you can help.

Please visit getaroute.com: user:111111, password:333333

You can create your own user and passoword.

Also. note that I have not tested all the functions. PM or email me what ever you found, comment, request. I want to know how far you can understand the system without my explanation on how to use it. get back to me if you have a problem understanding it.

Again, still under developement!!
Maoworld

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:47 am 

The website looks great. I hope it'll be launched soon.

maoworld wrote:
I've almost complete the development of the website. I am currently debugging the system and adding more stuff to accomplish the goal. I need some guys to check the site and make your comment. especially I am currently checking for buggs which you can help.

Please visit getaroute.com: user:111111, password:333333

You can create your own user and passoword.

Also. note that I have not tested all the functions. PM or email me what ever you found, comment, request. I want to know how far you can understand the system without my explanation on how to use it. get back to me if you have a problem understanding it.

Again, still under developement!!
Maoworld

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:42 pm 

Hi

This could be an interesting project, and may be of use to this effort:-

http://geekhut.org/enumplus/

joe

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:36 pm 

callingcard wrote:
How exactly could this be used?

I will give more information on how it works.
I got a request to add the time that provider's trunk will be available.
This make sense too, so that you only send calls during this window. Some providers channels are free at midnight, and they may prefer to release it during these period.
After this implementation we hope to launch it.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:32 pm 

I proposed something like that and got 1 answer a few months ago. it is a good idea and would bring us a lot of benefit and profit. I am in. let me know when we can put our 2cents.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:06 pm 

graher01 wrote:
I proposed something like that and got 1 answer a few months ago. it is a good idea and would bring us a lot of benefit and profit. I am in. let me know when we can put our 2cents.

The site is ready, please try to contribute by registering here (getaroute.com) and let us start sharing routes. The only condition now is you must allow connection to getaroute IP Addresses to send call to you. And we will be testing the route frequently to make sure that your route is up at all time. Also please provide test number (hotel number in your country etc) that we can call to test your route.
Also, send your comment to upgrade the usability.

Thanks

Hosted Voice Broadcast