Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:12 pm
Voice Broadcast System

All times are UTC

Post subject: Be aware of Vocati communications!!!
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:58 pm 

Hi
this is their standard business practice.
they will let you test their premium route at low rates
once you buy from them, they will put you on their grey or standard route;
once you have difficulties terminating calls, they will offer higher rates
and put you on their expensive premium route.(bait and switch)
you have to fight them to the nail to get a refund even if it is less than $100.
my advice to you all, don't buy for no more than $100 from unknown providers.
most of them and specially vocati communications are cheaters.
contact me any time for proof!!!

Post subject: Re: Be aware of Vocati communications!!!
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:55 pm 

Hi

A word of advice - you are posting on a public forum - and accusing someone of being a cheater may end up with you on the wrong side of a law suit.

In most countries, one is innocent until proven guilty, except for matters of libel, where the onus may be on you to prove that they are what you say they are, and pay the costs for doing so.

However, if you state the truth of what happened to you, without making any accusations, then that is not regarded as libelous.

So I would advise you to re-write your post in the first person,

yours

Joe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:49 pm 

I agree with Joe R. I have clients, we are a consulting company, that use Vocati and they are very content. Since you sound like a company, are you a competitor. Do you even have an account with them or ever? I am forwarding the link to my customers so that they can see it to Vocati. People should be aware that there are legal ramification for what is said. Business is about support but it will never go anywhere if people take to the forums to slander instead of presenting positive information.

I am glad Joe, as a Moderator, is on top of this, because slander is serious business and the majority it totally incorrect.

Keep up the good work.

PS. I just spoke to one of there customers and they said that Vocati just brought out, recently, a managed deck and they have never used the work "Premium". Of the top, it sound like BS. I recommend Joe that you send this persons contact info to Vocati for legal followup.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:00 pm 

SCDcomm wrote:
PS. I just spoke to one of there customers and they said that Vocati just brought out, recently, a managed deck and they have never used the work "Premium".

Hi,

Please do not take my following comments the wrong way. I am a little confused about their new rate sheets myself and have contacted them in an effort to get a better understanding.

Are you saying your customers have never used the word "Premium" or Vocati? I ask because this simple search (see link) makes your statement confusing.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sour ... gle+Search

Personally, I find your statement very third party suggesting there is no direct interaction between you and Vocati. Your statement might have more weight if you have used their services yourself.

Do you yourself have direct interaction with Vocati?

Disclaimer:
I have no vested interest in Vocati or any company mentioned thus far in this thread. I have in the past and I am currently testing Vocati services. Thus far, I have not encountered what the original poster hnetfone has mentioned.

Kind Regards,

Les

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:11 pm 

hi
we stand behind what we said. we still waiting for them
to refund us our money. we got emails that we exchanged with
them as proof. we've been using forum for long time,
we never post anything about any provider.
Like we said, our advice to all of you, is to buy for less than $100 from unknown
provider like them, to minimize lost.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:35 pm 

Quote:
we stand behind what we said.

I'm sure you do, however compare and contrast the wording in the post linked to below, with the wording of your post.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7739

He states clearly what happened to him, and is written in the first person, and it is neither slander nor libel if you are telling the truth, and has given us the benefit of his experience, and is quite acceptable.

However, making accusations, as you have done, because you have written in more general terms, you leave yourself wide open to a lawsuit, as you may be called to prove in a court of law, at your expense, your accusation of them being "cheaters"

Should you reword the post to be written in the first person, saying what happened to you when you used them, and providing it is the truth, then you have nothing to worry about.

However, whether or not you take my advice is entirely up to you, it's not my money, business, house or possessions at risk when the bailiffs arrive, but yours.

Joe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:47 am 

I can confirm that Vocati and Bill are scam artist. He takes your money and say no refund policy! When you try to use the route you getting 503 or 500 or 603 or 404 errors all of the time. Routes are full of FAS, and when you ask them to switch he offering rates that are ridiculous. So I would suggest stay a way from Vocati and Bill.

Bill, you will scam one day a wrong person and learn your lesson one day.

P.S. they like to talk how great they network etc... but in real world it all runs on single Trixbox server with A2Billing.

People stay a way from this guy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:21 am 

Quote:
but in real world it all runs on single Trixbox server with A2Billing.

Nothing wrong with running a VoIP business on A2Billing - I assume everyone here is, although using Trixbox as a base without major modification is a "courageous" decision.

Trixbox, Elastix and others are designed as an office PBX, tucked safely behind a hardware firewall, and as such, there has not been a great deal of effort put into the intrinsic security of the operating system in terms of IP Tables and intrusion detection.

This is not a criticism of these distributions, simply when you put them on a public IP address exposed to the world, you are using them in a manner in which the author did not intend.

Joe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:26 pm 

Joe.Shmack wrote:
I can confirm that Vocati and Bill are scam artist. He takes your money and say no refund policy! When you try to use the route you getting 503 or 500 or 603 or 404 errors all of the time. Routes are full of FAS, and when you ask them to switch he offering rates that are ridiculous. So I would suggest stay a way from Vocati and Bill.

Bill, you will scam one day a wrong person and learn your lesson one day.

P.S. they like to talk how great they network etc... but in real world it all runs on single Trixbox server with A2Billing.

People stay a way from this guy.

Hi,

I am currently testing them so thanks for your input.

Are you talking about all their routes or just certain ones?

They advertise serveral routes with some being "As Is" while other are "Semi Managed" and still other are "Fully Managed". I would expect the price and quality to be reflective of the titles. So far, this has been the case for me.

At this point, I have not asked for a refund as the system is currently working as I expected.

Also, I am not sure but I think they use two different platforms depending on the customer? Again, I am not sure.

Kind Regards,

Les

Kind Regards

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:06 pm 

Just got my refund from them. my advise to you all when
dealing with unknown provider, only buy for small amount
$50 and no more than $100.
bait and switch is the strategy of most of these unknown providers.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:24 pm 

Hi,
I too can confirm that Vocati Communications is lacking business ethics
Aside from the unethical and moody attitudes provided to me while I was a customer, it took me a month to get a refund. Not just any refund - I sent a check a few months back for consulting and it wasn't received right away due to confusion so I decided to do the right thing and pay via paypal. I was expecting the check in return but it was "accidentally" deposited. I told them to leave it as account credit because I was utilizing some services. Finally got out of their services and today, December 28th got a refund. Refund was requested November 20th. Billing cycle was to end on November 28th but I cancelled services on the 20th. So even if I gave the benefit of the doubt, a month to get a refund via paypal is unacceptable.

And don't be fooled because the person I dealt with from Vocati is now doing business as Adelphi Communications (adelphicom.com)

Oh and just a side note, take a look at Vocati/Adelphi's terms and conditions: http://www.vocaticommunications.com/?page_id=408
http://adelphicom.com/index.php/about/t ... rvice.html

Compare it to Vitelity's terms and conditions: http://www.vitelity.com/terms.php

Hmmmm...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:27 pm 

HI Jades did you get your money back. If you did then that is good because most companies will not refund money. In Latin America as in many other countries people want things back when they want it but we have steps to take, plus people forget that there are TOS. I know of a company that started up in Jamaica that is having a scandal due to fraud and they can not even get in touch with anyone.

Hope it went well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:03 pm 

Happens to be my account rep said he's from Columbia

As far as TOS goes, please read my post how I overpaid but not intentionally. If they would not had paid me back I would consider it stolen money.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:18 pm 

Oh great, they paid you. We are in the news reporting business, investigations, on Telcos (not allowed to say which) and I have heard of a lot of companies that will not issue refunds, especially on VoIP termination. I like reading these kinds of post and the majority of the times it is a question of patience on both sides, but if you received your money then they honored their TOS and or made an exception. I always say that patience is key and also respecting procedure--on both sides.

Regarding the Jamaican company, have your heard anything about that, we are looking into that this month at the MAG.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:15 pm 

A good majority of my business is in Jamaica but never heard of this scandal

Not finding anything on the news either

Voice Broadcast System