provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 pm
Predictive Dialer

All times are UTC

Post subject: Siptraffic & myvoiptraffic reviews
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:40 pm 

Hi,

I am a small time service provider using A2billing/Freepbx going through about 2500 minutes a day.

Just a bit of shared experience for everyone.

Have been using siptraffic & myvoiptraffic (Betamax) on and off for around 2 months now.

Pros

- Rates excellent (1/1 except Mexico), especially Myvoip traffic (10/10)
- Call quality excellent even on the grey routes (10/10
- Reliability great, zero downtime so far (10/10)
- Ease of connection to your servers, great (10/10

Cons

- I have been locked out of my user panel for a week now with MVT (My user and pass is correct) and "forgot password" retrieval does not work. Unfortunately my server extension got hacked this week (Problem my end not theirs) and because I couldnt check my stats I never noticed and they burnt through nearly a full bank of 300 USD of credit in a week.

You cannot contact them directly, you have to use their ticket system from within the user panel, not contact email. Therefore if you cant login to your account, your screwed. (This applies to both sites).

- Payment gateways

The only company in the world that doesnt seem want my money,

- the initial payment has to be done via IBAN bank transfer that can take up to 7 working days unless you have a UKASH account and a Cash machine in your area that dispenses UKASH vouchers, I dont.

- finally got my money to them via IBAN, (MVT) the system worked perfectly I was very happy, I then had a full array of gateways to choose from. Paypal, Moneybookers, VISA, Mastercard to name but a few. Great I thought until I went to use Paypal and guess what, it failed. Sent a support request, they told me to use another gateway.

VISA failed
MASTERCARD failed

Then no response to my support tickets from there on. Thats why I opened a siptraffic account, there is a major shortage of high reliability & low cost providers and I figured that if siptraffic offered the reliability and quality as their "sister" site I´d be fine, unfortunately the rates are not as good but acceptable. I was right, it is just as good.

Since then I have not had a problem with siptraffic and payment gateways work fine.

I then went back to MVT, and used my moneybookers account to top up (min 300 USD top up BTW but worth it if it works), all went through, should have taken 5 mins for payment to show but it didnt, checked my MB account and its gone, sent MVT a support ticket, they said they havent got it and no matter what I sent them, confirmation from Moneybookers, receipts etc. they would not accept it. 24hrs later the credit appeared. Since then I made one more payment via Paypal that went through without a problem last week, then got locked out of my account and hacked (my end not theirs BTW) and now I cant top up my account or contact them.

Even after all this I still want to use them, their Pros do outweigh their cons in a strange sadistic way but I cant access my account.

If you are going to use these, give yourself a good 48hrs before your credit runs out to allow for gateway errors.

I would love to hear from anyone with:

- shared experience from these guys
- a provider who thinks they can match or beat MVT´s rates and reliability without the hassle
- someone who can give me contact details so that i can unlock my account and apply more credit

If you have any questions then please dont hesitate to contact me.

Finally a quick message to myvoiptraffic...i just want to give you money!!!!

Post subject: Re: Siptraffic & myvoiptraffic reviews
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:50 pm 

Hi
I am trying to make payment for myvoiptraffic.com to get some credit, but as you said that first time i have to use expansive payment method only and i am trying to make a payment through bank transfer and it will cost me around $45 to send $100. do you know any cheap way to send it. and i dont understand that why they are using this kind of expansive method. can we trust on them ?
Thanks for sharing your experience. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:43 pm 

I have been using siptraffic - few minutes actually as my customers call mostly local. No issue with rates, quality, etc...

Initially, I had an issue with the money wired and not appearing on the account - the cust service pages were down on siptraffic - logged the ticket thorugh voipbuster and goit it resolved !

so far so good, but it seems that can change at any time from posts from other forums !

also.... how do you manage entering their rates into A2B... ? it is a real nightmare to me - any help would be welcome !

J.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:58 pm 

save their rates as CVS file then save at text file.
replace , by ; . it should work fine.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:11 pm 

thanks - my issue is that their zone destinations is different from the default ones in A2B... and from other providers as well... do you plainly load all their destinations and every single rate they provide ?

there are about 21K rates / destinations, (5K by default in A2B) and loading this into A2B raises some concerns about DB performance.

J.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:23 am 

Hi,

Anyone have experience with myvoiptraffic standard route? i want to use it for africa and caribbean Countries.
I'm using premimum route at the moment and thinking about switching to standard. your input much appreciated.

thanks.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:57 pm 

Hi,

any hint about import rates myvoiptraffic?

The question is in the myvoiptraffic rates don't appear prefixes, only countries name.

Than you in advance.

Bakko

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:20 pm 

you have two tabs in their rate sheets... (last I tried), one with the countries, another with the prefixes. But I admit I gave up importing and updating, seeing how complicated their rates are, and the % in my traffic !

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:33 pm 

Myvoiptraffic offers great quality voip.
I have been using it for one and a half year now, 100% uptime.
Just for three days in this period we had some trouble to get calls out to mobile phones in the Netherlands. It appeared that the numberplan that you have to use to determine the route did not work correctly at their side effectively sending all calls via the grey route. You can use the grey route perfectly for landlines, for mobiles you should use standard or premium. Support is not really available but still got a reply within 24 hours. Next day the trouble was over.

As for billing, MyVoiptraffic's CDR files hold the cost per record, no need to calculate, just download daily and append!
You can determine your customers by their outgoing number, wich you can set to what you want, on the trunk, the outbound routes, ringgroups, queues and extentions.
Only flaw is when you use follow-me or other redirects via misc. destinations or custom extentions and set the outbound caller id to the caller id of the original caller. We use this with call me now buttons that ring the customer and then connect a recipient showing the CID of the caller. In those cases the visitor's number is stored in the account field and the destination filed contains the cid of the callee.
I came accros that today and want to be able to merge a2billing togheter with the myvoiptraffic's daily CDR's to be sure all calls are billed correctly.

I have never used A2 billing so any advise on that is helpfull.

What I have for now is a query on my asterisk cdr that retrieves the country and rate from and imported rates list from myvoiptraffic. I want to update the userfield in the cdr by running this in a stored function:

SELECT
concat_ws(";",ratelist_grey.F1,
ratelist_grey.F2,
ratelist_grey.F3) as tmp
FROM
ratelist_grey

where '3112345678' like concat(ratelist_grey.F2,'%')
order by f2 desc
limit 1

any ideas?

VoIP Billing solution