Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:35 am
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject: Database
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:28 pm 

Hi
I sew a post for mysql problem but with no anser so I am posting again

when you don't download the new version of a2billing you will be face with the fist mysql problem with was solved in one of the forums

here is the problem

ERROR 1360 (HY000) at line 625: Trigger does not exist

which was solved.

the second one which I have problem with it now is:

ERROR: Unknown Punctuation String @ 126
STR: //
SQL: DROP TRIGGER IF EXISTS`a2b_14_import`.`cc_card_serial_set`;# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).

DELIMITER //
CREATE TRIGGER `a2b_14_import`.`cc_card_serial_set` BEFORE INSERT ON `a2b_14_import`.`cc_card`
FOR EACH ROW BEGIN
UPDATE cc_card_seria set value=value+1 where id=NEW.id_seria ;
SELECT value INTO @serial from cc_card_seria where id=NEW.id_seria ;
SET NEW.serial=@serial;
END
DELIMITER //
CREATE TRIGGER `a2b_14_import`.`cc_card_serial_set` BEFORE INSERT ON `a2b_14_import`.`cc_card`
FOR EACH ROW BEGIN
UPDATE cc_card_seria set value=value+1 where id=NEW.id_seria ;
SELECT value INTO @serial from cc_card_seria where id=NEW.id_seria ;
SET NEW.serial=@serial;

Which bring the question is a2biling developer tested the new version before put it for public download in the front page of the website, I am trying to install it my local compuer for testing, but I can't move any step further with this mysql problem.

I am using the latest mysql version, I never had problem with any other a2biling version or any other software use myql

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:09 pm 

Reposting the same post will just irritate people. It's not that the original post went unseen. Maybe everyone has a bigger issue and they are just dealing with them or maybe they don't have any answer for now, or maybe they are looking for and answer before replying.

Please be patient, patience always pays.

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Database
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:21 pm 

djalil wrote:
I am using the latest mysql version
But in none of your posts on this topic do you disclose which version that might be; your distro's latest may be far from current.
Quote:
is a2biling developer tested the new version before put it for public download in the front page of the website

I wouldn't use MySQL in production (again) for all the tea in China, but yeah I still tested it. For me it worked fine on MySQL v5.0.76. You miss the point of a beta release; if you're not happy to help us test you'd be wise to steer clear of pre-release versions.

Thanks for your kind words anyway, that's just the sort of encouragement we need to keep giving software away for free to help you become our competitors.

Post subject: mysql
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:36 pm 

Hi
It's not the point that I don't like to help, but if all most every one who install the beta version have problem with mysql, which is the first step, how you want them to test?, remember there is 2 problem in mysql here, as you said before the first problem was solved, the question is why they didn't update the beta download. the download one have both problems.

And the question is why you use some kind of new mysql structure that will make problme to everyone, my mysql is upgraded to the latest version in my ubuntu server, in the documentation they said they tested it in ubuntu 8.10 which exactly the one I use.

You said you don't use again mysql, can I ask you why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:55 pm 

Ubuntu 8.10 is the version of your Linux. For all we know, you may be running MySQL 1.0. Who knows.

Get you mysql version and tell us what it is. That will settle that part.

djalil wrote:
And the question is why you use some kind of new mysql structure that will make problme to everyone

It is called "Evolution", "Moving forward", "Being up to date", ... you name it.

Beta testers are supposed to be more patient than you are Djalil. The tarball that is being downloaded directly form the Web is not directly linked to the SVN repository. It is prepared and manually placed on the Web for your convenience. For blazing hot last changes and bug fixes, you should get them from the SVN directly. If you don't know how to do so, then just ask.

You seem to be blaming the developers as if they owed you anything. They certainly appreciate your interest for A2Billing, but it is still an open source software receiving little contribution from the community. I would have understood your reaction if this was an expensive software that you had purchased or if you had specifically hired A2Billing team to fix a specific issue.

Added after 5 minutes:

By the way, I have made a post in the original thread with a solution to this problem. Now, it's your turn to make something happen. Let's see if you will do it. It's even hotter than the SVN cause it is not yet in the SVN (I didn't have time). If you can't find the time to do it, then I guess you will understand why the download link on the A2Billing Web site may not always be perfectly in sync with the SVN version.

Cheers

Post subject: Re: mysql
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:25 pm 

djalil wrote:
You said you don't use again mysql, can I ask you why?
Historically MySQL has been missing many features expected of SQL servers (not least of which, ACID), ruling it out for anything more than simple tasks, but things improved a lot with v5.0. I also experienced repeated data-loss on every instance of MySQL I maintained, but I think that bug that has since been fixed (around v5.0.60 IIRC).
There is an objective comparison of Postgres and MySQL here, and a much less objective, but perhaps more useful one here.

PS We still don't know what version of MySQL you're using.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:39 am 

Thank you for your explanation

Added after 6 minutes:

Hi
Here what I am using:

mysql 5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.4

and that is the latest update in ubuntu 8.04 (which said in the documentation in a2billing site that it was tested on it)

Added after 1 hours 48 minutes:

HI
I download now a2bililng from svn and I run the sql file a2billing-schema-v1.4.0.sql, with no problme at all,

so the problem was not in mysql, but in the a2biling script.

I will do further testing and let you know

Post subject: Re: mysql version
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:49 am 

djalil wrote:
mysql 5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.4 and that is the latest update in ubuntu 8.04
Oh dear. For what it's worth, I can use A2B's schema without any problems here on MySQL 5.0.76.
MySQL's implementation of DELIMITER seems to have changed subtly with every release since Summer 2007. As documented in the bugs relevant to DELIMITER in their release notes, it seems they've elected to delay fixing the root-cause until some future v6.x release. It seems DELIMITER syntax is doomed to be hit-and-miss on MySQL v5.0 forever. :?
I see that whilst I've been researching this asiby has been helping you in another thread; yet another example of how double-posting sucks resources.
Quote:
said in the documentation in a2billing site that it was tested on it
I can understand your frustration. I guess the authors of that documentation only tested A2B v1.4 on the most recent Ubuntu release whilst adapting the document from v1.3 to v1.4. Or perhaps they tested it before those 'DELIMITER //' statements were added.

Whatever the cause of inaccuracies in our documentation, your help in fixing them is appreciated. If you create an account, you can help refine the content on our wiki.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:00 am 

Thank you
so how you will be part of the wiki? so I can contribute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:12 am 

Quote:
I download now a2bililng from svn and I run the sql file a2billing-schema-v1.4.0.sql, with no problme at all, so the problem was not in mysql, but in the a2biling script.
Sorry, I dispute this. As I mentioned in your other thread on this topic, several problems were fixed prior to your post, but the history shows we've made no related changes since your post.
djalil wrote:
Thank you
so how you will be part of the wiki? so I can contribute.
By registering an account.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:19 am 

Thank you again

About history changes:

the first time I download a2billing from the website (yesterday) which had 2 mysql problems, one was solved by you (add drop if exist), the second one is the delimiter problem

today I downlaod the a2billing from svn, following the same steps of yesterday to create mysql table and it work form the first time, I didn't do any change to my mysql setting

Thank you gain, it look so nice with more features, I will try to make some tests and let you know

Voice Broadcast System