Support A2Billing :
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:20 pm
Predictive Dialer

All times are UTC

Post subject: New to Callback module
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:27 pm 

Hi Guys,

I am trying to have callback module working for this situation:

-User calls DID, A2billing receives call and hangs up.
-A2billing call customer and allows them to make calls based on pre-set number or just simple dial.
-No need to ask for PIN number since this is a callback and phone number is authenticated.

Is that possible with callback? What should I do to achive this?

I was also thinking of having Asterisk receive call, hang up, write a spool file, call customer, and then transfer the call to A2billing deadagi but then A2billing asks for PIN number and that's not good.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: New to Callback module
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:48 am 

Hi,

What you need is already achievable with A2B callback system.. but you need to set it up..

You need to check the following :
- Have the callback demon running ?
- Have a context to receive the DID trigger and transfer it to A2B as (CID) call back request
- Have an other context to continue with the callback after the first leg answers.
- Having the A2B not to ask for the pin number is managed through setting an option in the A2B.conf..

Regarding, using the spool, A2B is asking for the pin number because you did not specify the AccountCode in the .call file.

Hope this helps

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:45 pm 

Quote:
- Having the A2B not to ask for the pin number is managed through setting an option in the A2B.conf..

little correction on this,
you need to use the CID-Callback the callerid callback, using this context

; Inbound callback scenario
; it will perform a CallerID authentication before calling back the person, not everybody is allowed to use the callback
[a2billing-cid-callback]
exten => _.,1,DeadAgi(a2billing.php|1|cid-callback|34) ;last parameter is the callback area code
exten => _.,n,Hangup

this will authenticate the call base on the callerID before triggering a callback.

Yours,
/Areski

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:56 pm 

Amazing feedback. I got Callback Daemon running and I started receiving calls. I have following comments to make though:

1- The CallerID prefix is good if I have customers from only one area code. What should I do if people from all over the world are calling? I do have trunks to add the international prefix and plans have those trunks set to them. So, is there anyway to simply use the same procedure to place a callback?

2- How does the billing get reported with CallBack? I want to bill every second of callback and the main call in order to have accurate billing with termination providers. So, I want customer's account to get charge double the price because of Callback. Does that happen automatically or should I jack prices to double?

3- Being a break and fix person (not a good trait) I did the following and now no callbacks:

Code:
rm /var/log/asterisk/a2billing-daemon-callback.log
touch /var/log/asterisk/a2billing-daemon-callback.log
chown [b]asterisk.asterisk[/b] /var/log/asterisk/a2billing-daemon-callback.log

Should the asterisk.asterisk be something else? I think I missed up on permissions because I deleted the file and created it again.

Regards,

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:17 pm 

I got #3 fixed and it was due to bad Call Plan.

I forgot to mention #4 which is my main problem now. Here it goes:

4- If I call directly into A2Billing, I have it setup to authenticate based on Caller ID and allow for call out without even announcing the balance and it works. But, if I use the CallBack daemon, once call is place and I answer, I get, "Sorry, your authentication failed" and hangs up.

5- When CallBack does a call back, I get Unknown CallerID. Where can it be setup to something universal if I want? or even set the Caller ID of Call Back automatically to Caller's ID?

Thanks

Hosted Voice Broadcast