provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:32 am
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: A call to action - Please help - Documentation required
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:34 pm 

Dear all

We at A2Billing are up against it at the moment, squashing bugs, and testing, as well as holding down full-time jobs, and we could really do with some help to get the final version of 1.4 out of the door.

We appreciate the amount of help we are getting in testing, but we really need some help in documenting the system to make it easier for those new to the system to get to grips with it.

At the top of each page of A2Billing is a link, which goes to the Wiki. Some sections are filled in, others are not.

We need help from people to write up the areas that are not yet covered, and to improve the documentation on the areas we have covered so far.

You can write to me personally with submissions, [email protected], or better we can use this thread as a basis for your writings, and I will copy them into the Wiki.

So anyone who has used and tested 1.4, and can contribute in this respect, please help.

Yours

Joe Roper
Commercial Director.
A2Billing

Post subject: Re: A call to action - Please help - Documentation required
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:15 pm 

Yes, I would love to contribute to the documentation, but I have to learn how to use A2B first, which is hard without documentation :). So it's a chicken-egg dilemma.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:39 pm 

Joe,

I've been struggling with 1.4 like many others. I remember asking for a solution to a problem in 1.3 and was pointed to a solution and after I installed it and it didn't work, the individual asked me: "who told you to install it?" as though I don't understand English.

My point is: There are some brilliant programmers on this forum, but many have not mastered the English language which makes reading very difficult for others when using words like your instead of you're and there instead of their and a slew of other murderous acts of the Queen's English.

Therefore I would like to proofread and cleanup the manual before publication if that is important to the users and okay with you and Stavros.

Robin A.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:22 pm 

How would I get started on making a User Guide? I have knowledge in the A2Billing GUI and setting up majority of services for commercial use... I wouldn't mind donating my time to this cause... Everyday, I'm meeting more and more people who are using A2Billing, but don't know what the heck to do, and they don't want to pay for training (no offense S2B). If this will help get people to use A2B, I'm ready to do it. Before I didn't have the knowledge nor the confidence to make such a statement. Now I am.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:06 pm 

See viewtopic.php?f=33&t=8164

Joe

Hosted Voice Broadcast