provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:59 am
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject: auto create SIP config - nothing happens
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:53 pm 

Hi @all !

I just installed A2billing 1.4.2 (latest) and Asterisk 1.4 on a CentOS 5.4 linux server following all the instructions.

Then I created some user accounts (cards), but when i click on the SIP button to generate the SIP parameters for Asterisk the A2billing page refreshes ad nothing happens (no sip.conf or additional_a2billing_sip.conf update) (these files are all chmod 777)

So when I try to register on my Asterisk server using one of these a2billing accounts (using ZOIPER softphone, Asterisk logs a message in /var/log/asterisk like :

Code:
<sip:[email protected]>麓 failed for 麓10.62.8.242麓 - No matching peer found.

What should I do to generate these conf parameters so I'll be able to register ?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: auto create SIP config - nothing happens
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:04 pm 

i kust disabled realtime function and now it seems to work better but i get the NOTIFICATION :
ADMIN: (root) New SIP added : Sip Friends conf have to be generated HIGH

what should i do ?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:47 pm 

Hi abdel0304,

The problem you are getting because you did not call your additional_a2billing_sip.conf file in Sip.conf file you just need to make the following change.

just go to /etc/asterisk

vi sip.conf

then you need to add this line.

#include additional_a2billing_sip.conf

after that you need to reload the asterisk server.

asterisk -r

module reload

If you face any further issue just let me know at [email protected].

Regards
Aryan Singh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:47 am 

Quote:
If you face any further issue just let me know at [email protected].

It may be better if you have any further issues, that you bring them to the forum, so that the entire community can benefit from the answers

Joe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:28 am 

abdel0304 wrote:
i kust disabled realtime function and now it seems to work better but i get the NOTIFICATION :
ADMIN: (root) New SIP added : Sip Friends conf have to be generated HIGH

what should i do ?

:( I have the same problem. When click on SIP button of the customer, nothing happens. How to disable realtime function. Where is it. Or any other ways to solve this?

Appreciate your support

Senaka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:17 am 

With realtime, the Asterisk knows about the VoIP friend immediately, and only the VoIP friends that are registered are held in Asterisk's memory, and you can generate as many VoIP accounts as you like.

Without realtime, the VoIP registration information is written to a text file, and so Asterisk has to be reloaded to know about new friends.

Every time an addition or alteration is made to a SIP account, the entire file is regenerated, which means there is a finite limit to how many VOIP accounts can be generated, as PHP runs out of memory, and ultimately, so will asterisk, because all VoIP details are held in Asterisk's memory.

All the system is telling you is that you have to reload Asterisk to tell it about the new accounts or changes to existing accounts.

The webserver must have permissions to write to the asterisk files. In FreePBX based builds, usually the webserver and and asterisk are run under the Asterisk user and group.

Joe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:54 am 

Hi jroper,

Thank you for the nice explanation. Since I am new to Asterisk and A2Billing I can't figure out the way of getting my problem solved. Can you direct me telling the places to change .

If I mention my problem again, when I click on sip button of particular user, nothing happens. As I understood, a new entry should be added to additional_a2billing_sip.conf. But that file is empty.

Thank you again

Senaka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:04 am 

If in Global Settings, use realtime is set to no, when you edit or create a SIP friend, a button will appear at the top, with Generate SIP_Additional written in it - click this button, and that will generate the files. Then you need to click reload.

Joe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:56 am 

Hi

Thank you again. I as sorry to ask few questions again. I checked asterisk.conf and a2billing.conf for realtime variable and I couldn't find it.
Further my version of A2B is A2Billing - Version 1.4.4 (Lambic) - Released : 14 December 2009.

Most locations with found in A2billing site and other examples are different from what I see in this version. I have attached the screen shots herewith. Pls help me to get my problem solved. Where "Generate SIP_Additional: Button is appearing. Do you click on SIP button under ACTION in card list? May be I have these problems since I am new to the software.
Attachment:
Add-Search.gif
Add-Search.gif [ 19.26 KiB | Viewed 21503 times ]
Attachment:
VoipSettings.gif
VoipSettings.gif [ 17.26 KiB | Viewed 21476 times ]

Thank you,

Senaka

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:03 pm 

Quote:
Thank you again. I as sorry to ask few questions again. I checked asterisk.conf and a2billing.conf for realtime variable and I couldn't find it.

Hello, I'm new to A2Billing too and we have almost the same setup. Mine is A2Billing 1.4.2.1 (Radix), Asterisk 1.4.22, CentOS 5.4. You can find the realtime variable in Admin Panel > System Settings > Global List > Select Group --> global > Search

From there you will see the use_realtime variable and on the right, there is a button to edit it. You can choose Yes or No from the drop down in the edit page and then commit the changes.

Though I do not know what will be the result on your end. In my case, there was an option that appeared in Admin Panel > Customers > VoIP Settings:

Link to Generate on SIP/IAX Friends :
Realtime not active, you have to use the conf file for your system
SIP : GENERATE ADDITIONAL_A2BILLING_SIP.CONF
IAX : GENERATE ADDITIONAL_A2BILLING_IAX.CONF

When I clicked on those buttons, I was able to generate the config files and I was asked to reload Asterisk each time from the same panel. So I clicked on the reload link too. I checked from SSH afterwards and I could see that the 2 files from /etc/asterisk/ were already written:

additional_a2billing_iax.conf
additional_a2billing_sip.conf

These are my permissions, by the way:
Quote:
-rwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 292 Jan 6 14:26 additional_a2billing_iax.conf
-rwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 292 Jan 6 14:26 additional_a2billing_sip.conf

I still have problems with the permissions, though. I would not want all access to the files in /etc/asterisk (chmod -R 777 /etc/asterisk/), but it seems that this is the only way that I can write from A2Billing. I tried experimenting with chmod -R 666 or chmod -R 755 but A2Billing returns an error, saying that it could not open the files.

I also haven't tested if my configuration works, but if it doesn't then it might be a problem with my Asterisk installation already.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:18 pm 

Hi

You may have to give permissions to the web server owner to write to asterisk owned files.

In FreePBX based installs, they mostly use the same owner to run apache and asterisk.

Joe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:50 pm 

@jroper,

Thanks!

In CentOS, the default user for the web server owner is apache. I tried changing the owner and group of the whole Asterisk config directory to apache and set the permissions to 755 (read, write, execute for owner; read-only for group and everyone). Thankfully, they worked. I am still able to write from A2Billing with these permissions.

Quote:
chown -R apache:apache /etc/asterisk/
chmod -R 755 /etc/asterisk/

I have not tested extensively, though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:46 am 

hello,
i 've got a very similar problem. My a2billing version is 1.4.4. When i create a new customer.. nothing happens in additional_a2billing_sip.conf. SIP : I tried disabling real time, i do get a button generate sip conf.. but even after reload.. it is not being written to the conf file.. my permissions are set to asterisk:asterisk.
When i manually make a change to conf files in Config editor, it does work...
Please do help.. Thanks in advance.

I dont know if it is anyway related.. but my MAINTENANCE button in the left hand side panel of home page, do not work.. :(

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:29 am 

I know it's an old post, but its nice to put some extra troubleshooting for people who googles for some answers.

I had the same problem with a2billing 1.8.1 and centos 5.5 and after a day looking for answers i found that selinux (Security-Enhanced Linux) enabled on my server was denying access do a2billing from edit additional sip and iax files and acess manager console in asterisk 1.8.

If you want to disable selinux and test if you a2billing backs to normal, edit /etc/selinux/config
and set
SELINUX=disabled

after editing selinux config file, do a reboot and test again.

Disable SELINUX is not the best way to solv a2billing problems.Set the right permissions in selinux is the best solution

Regards,
Marcello Coutinho

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:49 am 

We are having the same issue. We've recently installed on a Asterisk 1.4 server. Telling A2Billing to create the SIP friend has no effect. The A2Billing SIP file exists in /etc/asterisk, with asterisk:asterisk permissions, but is empty. We have SELINUX disabled, and have tried with realtime enabled and disabled. Any ideas other than those listed above?

VoIP Billing solution