provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:55 pm
Voice Broadcast System

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hearing Default Asterisk Sound When Calling DID
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:16 am 

Hi,

I am lost at the moment and I don't know where to begin troubleshooting because I'm new to Asterisk+A2Billing.

DESCRIPTION
I added a DID and then generated the SIP and IAX config files manually, as well as reload Asterisk configuration. I did this all from A2Billing. I know that it was added successfully because I could see the data populated in additional_a2billing_iax.conf and additional_a2billing_sip.conf (from SSH). I also restarted Asterisk from the terminal just to make sure that the changes were made. The configuration data is displayed below:
Code:
[xxxxxxxxxx]
type=friend
username=xxxxxxxxxx
accountcode=xxxxxxxxxx
regexten=xxxxxxxxxx
callerid=4024xxx64681xxx
amaflags=billing
secret=09xx08xxxx
nat=yes
dtmfmode=RFC2833
qualify=no
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=gsm
allow=g729
host=dynamic
context=a2billing
regseconds=0
cancallforward=yes

I have also made sure that I put the necessary include files in sip.conf and iax.conf to Asterisk config. Add to that the necessary entries in extensions.conf

PROBLEM
My problem is that whenever I call the number, all I hear is You successfully installed Asterisk PBX... The expected result should be when I call the DID, I must hear a voice to insert a VOUCHER (since I created 10 vouchers for it). I am not sure if A2Billing is working in tandem with my Asterisk installation.

Could you please help me as to where to begin troubleshooting this problem? I checked my Asterisk logs in /var/log/asterisk/messages but there was no entry pertaining to that DID I added from A2Billing. I also checked from my Apache access and error logs in /var/log/httpd/ but all I see are entries that pertain to A2Billing's PHP operations.

VERSION INFORMATION
- Asterisk version 1.4
- A2Billing version 1.4.2.1 (Radix)
- CentOS 5.x
- PHP 5.2.9
- MySQL 5.1
- Apache 2

Post subject: Re: Hearing Default Asterisk Sound When Calling DID
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:51 pm 

I would like to follow-up on this. Does anyone have a clue as to where the problem lies?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:38 am 

Hi

Anything we suggest without seeing logs (attached not pasted) and your contexts would be a complete guess.

Joe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:39 pm 

centos5,

As Joe said, with the limited information on your setup, all we can do is guess.So here is my first guess:
You didn't create a custom destination in Asterisk to send the call to A2Billing.
If the number you are calling is supposed to handle vouchers then you need to have a destination like "a2billing-voucher,${EXTEN},1"

Quote:
I checked my Asterisk logs in /var/log/asterisk/messages but there was no entry pertaining to that DID I added from A2Billing. I also checked from my Apache access and error logs in /var/log/httpd/ but all I see are entries that pertain to A2Billing's PHP operations.

If the DID is coming from a provider, you should have a trunk created with the provider's information. The log (/var/log/asterisk/full*) would give us more info on that.

Good luck.

Robin.

Hosted Voice Broadcast