provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:17 pm
Predictive Dialer

All times are UTC

Post subject: Account Code showing in CallerID
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:40 pm 

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me setup my a2billing in a way that the calls will go through properly, with proper CallerID.

To elaborate on that:

The callerid format is: Name <Number>

and according to current trunking I have between my A2Billing server, and clients (other pbx trunks, VoIP Devices, etc.) the calls come in like: NUMBER <FROMUSER which is ACCOUNT_CODE>

So, as a result, the number being reported, is the account code on the end user device/pbx and that is messing up everything (reports, call-backs, callerid look-ups, ... )

I'm sure there is something on my a2billing messing this whole up, and the reason is I have tried this on many different environments, and still same result. NUMBER <ACCOUNT_CODE>....

ANY HELP???

Thanks a lot for your time! :)

Post subject: Re: Account Code showing in CallerID
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:42 pm 

Hi

If for instance you are configuring FreePBX to connect to A2Billing, you do not want or need the fromuser directive, for reasons that you have discovered.

A working config for FreePBX will be something like:-

Peer Details
host=youra2bhostname
username=123456789
secret=987654321
type=peer
qualify=yes
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes

User Context = 123456789
User Details
secret=987654321
type=user
context=from-trunk

Register String:
123456789:987654321@youra2bhostname

That will allow calls inbound and outbound for the IAX protocol, I've not tested with SIP for inbound, but the outbound will work.

Modify this to suit your particular brand of IP PBX.

Joe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:46 pm 

jroper wrote:
Hi

If for instance you are configuring FreePBX to connect to A2Billing, you do not want or need the fromuser directive, for reasons that you have discovered.

A working config for FreePBX will be something like:-

Peer Details
host=youra2bhostname
username=123456789
secret=987654321
type=peer
qualify=yes
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes

User Context = 123456789
User Details
secret=987654321
type=user
context=from-trunk

Register String:
123456789:987654321@youra2bhostname

That will allow calls inbound and outbound for the IAX protocol, I've not tested with SIP for inbound, but the outbound will work.

Modify this to suit your particular brand of IP PBX.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Many thanks for ur time!

I tried what you said, even though you mentioned that you have tested the incoming and outgoing for IAX2 and not SIP, I tried them on both protocols and on both out/in calls.
Here is the result:

With SIP, wthout fromuser field in the voip-settings in a2billing, the calls won't go out, and basically, authentication of peer is not being handled properly, so there must be fromuser=acountcode on both trunk setting of PBX, and voip-settings of a2billing.

With IAX2, I tried it without fromuser in the trunk settings, and the calls work and incoming won't show that account code anymore. I think is all about the INBOUND DID (destination, which in my PBX case, I have: SIP or IAX /ACCOUNT_CODE/DID) of callee, and that is exactly where my problem is, calls which come in shows the account code of the account being called to IF THE PROTOCOL IS SIP FOR INBOUND. My only guess is the destination I'm using, somehow, that ACCOUNT_CODE there is being picked as the number.

So, let me rephrase my question, is there anyway to fix this issue with SIP? I am using IAX2 trunking with the same account going to another fax server, so for me it is essential to use SIP, because that is how I go to my PBX server to handle the incoming call. Any idea?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:51 pm 

Hi

You must have changed something, i have dozens of FreePBX based PBX's connected to A2Billing using the IAX2 protocol with exactly those settings, with DID being delivered back to the PBX's with the setting IAX2/123456789/<<didnumber>> in the A2Billing DID destination field.

The settings outlined to you are exactly right.

Joe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:35 pm 

jroper wrote:
Hi

You must have changed something, i have dozens of FreePBX based PBX's connected to A2Billing using the IAX2 protocol with exactly those settings, with DID being delivered back to the PBX's with the setting IAX2/123456789/<<didnumber>> in the A2Billing DID destination field.

The settings outlined to you are exactly right.

Joe

Yes, I did mention that with IAX2 it's working just great!

But my question is how about SIP. I need sip trunking to be working fine, because I have IAX2 trunking of same account going to another server with hylafax, used for fax purposes. So I need this also working on SIP. IAX2 is working just fine....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:50 pm 

Hi

If you are using a fixed IP address, you can always do sip/<<didnumber>>@remotehostname or sip/123456789 (note the lack of a DID)

Joe

PS sip/123456789 is not going to help you - sorry for the noise.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:06 am 

jroper wrote:
Hi

If you are using a fixed IP address, you can always do sip/<<didnumber>>@remotehostname

Joe

I noticed I have done this type before, but on an internal IP address, I also tried it now, on the remote IP address, PUBLIC outside, but I get a hangup, and nothing goes on remote server, I mean when I have asterisk logs open, nothing comes in to remote server:

[Jan 25 12:36:06] NOTICE[24263] app_dial.c: Hey! chan DAHDI/1-1's context='custom-a2billing-did', and exten='1010'
[Jan 25 12:36:06] VERBOSE[24263] logger.c: -- Called 1010@REMOTE_HOST_PUBLIC_IP
[Jan 25 12:36:06] NOTICE[2087] chan_sip.c: Failed to authenticate on INVITE to '"CALLER_NUMBER" <sip:CALLER_NUMBER@REMOTE_HOST_PUBLIC_IP>;tag=as2cb259ba'
[Jan 25 12:36:06] VERBOSE[24263] logger.c: -- SIP/REMOTE_HOST_PUBLIC_IP-13171d30 is circuit-busy

where:
1010=DID for incoming
CALLER_NUMBER=cid of caller
REMOTE_HOST_PUBLIC_IP=my remote server IP address

Does this have to do anything with bindaddress for SIP? I have only have one public ip, one network. Strange...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:20 pm 

ok, here is the last update on this issue I have. I removed the fromuser=accountcode from the voip-settings, and the number is showing fine IF I AM USING SOFTPHONE (ZOIPER). But, in most cases, I am having the account tunked with other pbx, and when I tried it, without the fromuser=accountcode, the calls won't go to the other pbx (incoming doesn't work). Same thing, works fine on the softphone, which tells me there is something with trunking. My trunking is:

Trunk Name: JUST_A_NAME

Peer Details:
host=HOST
username=USERNAME
secret=PASSWORD
type=peer
dtmfmode=RFC2833
disallow=all
allow=g729
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes
qualify=yes

Incoming

User Context: USERNAME

User Details:
secret=PASSWORD
type=user
context=from-trunk

Register String: USERNAME:PASSWORD@HOST

And the Destination in my a2billing inbound is: sip/account_code (also tried with sip/Account_Code/DID and same)

Any idea?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:20 am 

Here is the latest updates after my investigations:

1- Is "o" flag in dial_command related to my problem? (tried and nothing changed)
2- Without fromuser being set to account code, authentication for SIP fails, and nothing works.
3- fromuser in voip-settings in overriding the actual callerid, and here is the proof:

AGI Tx >> agi_callerid: NUMBER_IM_CALLING_FROM
AGI Tx >> agi_calleridname: NUMBER_IM_CALLING_FROM

4- IAX2 is totally fine with this issue, because it's a different way and different authorization.
5- SIP trunking, from my a2billing is being authorized through the field fromuser, and that is why when I remove it the trunking is still 200 OK, REGISTERED, but the calls fails, because of call authentication failure.

Any help on this issue is highly/badly/terribly appreciated.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:25 am 

Hi

I have not experienced the same problems you are having, so it is difficult to advise.

Just to make sure everything is clean, can you create a brand new account, with a SIP friend enabled, and plumb in the details into your remote PBX, and see what happens.

Joe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:47 am 

I do have the same issue, i havent tryed iax yet so i will do this now.

But i noticed when fromuser= is set, it takes over the callerID unless the callerID is set in a2billing for that specific account.
This doesn't work well if i want to authenticate all users separately by callerid from external trunk. Trying to take over international from another voip provider.. and bill there clients separately

I tried to change many agi settings but none holds... before trying to change any other the php i will try IAX

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:52 pm 

There are two bugs opened against similar issues. As this question is popping up again, looks like this issues is not yet resolved.

A2billing, any updates on the following issues? Outbound callerid name / number setting appears to be important feature and
looks like a2biiling software is not able to handle it properly.

Please update on these issues:

Here they are:

<http://www.asterisk2billing.org/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/833#comment:2>
<http://www.asterisk2billing.org/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/834#comment:3>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:48 pm 

Any updates on outbound CallerIDname / CallerID number issue?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Predictive Dialer