provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 am
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: a2billing and other PBX systems
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:48 pm 

Hi,
I was just wondering if a2billing would work with callweaver or any of the other pbx's out there. I know most pbx out there would need a lot of modification for a2billign to work with it but i though the changes to a2billing would be minimal for callweaver.

Has anyone tried it before?

Chris

Post subject: Re: a2billing and other PBX systems
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:49 am 

Hello,

I have also similar question can A2Billing work with FreeSwitch & FreePBX-v3 ??? If yes then how can we do that ??

Surajprakash

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:35 am 

Hi

a2billing.php is designed for Asterisk, and the rest of A2Billing is designed to work with a2billing.php, so the amount of changes that would have to be made would be huge.

Having said that, watch this space as development begins on a2billing codenamed Sigma.

Joe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:56 am 

jroper wrote:
a2billing.php is designed for Asterisk, and the rest of A2Billing is designed to work with a2billing.php, so the amount of changes that would have to be made would be huge.

Is that really the case with callweaver? I thought that they have apps to convert asterisk scripts over etc as most of it is just name changes or is it because a2billing is so complicated that it just can not easily be converted? I understand that freeswitch would be a complete rewrite but i was hoping callweaver could be a little different.

Oh well guess it is asterisk for me and no ESXi since most people say that is a bad idea with asterisk.

No of the other PBX's that i have seen have as good callback and billing system. You have done a great job but locked me into Asterisk :(

Hopefully Sigma will offer some nice options in future.

Chris

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:15 am 

Hi

When A2Billing was launched 5 years ago, there was only Asterisk, and we have not previously had the resources to look at other telephony engines that appeared in the interim, so it is a little unfair to say "...but locked me into Asterisk"

I have never heard of any particular issues with ESXi, have you tried it? There are alternatives such as OpenVZ, which we use for http://www.star2billing.com/reseller. You may also use KVM, and others have used Xen.

Yours

Joe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:25 am 

sorry Joe did not mean it in a bad way as such. Just meant that a2billing is a great platform and it seems i am stuck with asterisk as none of the others have something as good. Was not having a go at a2billing for only supporting asterisk.

I don't currently have a server that can run ESXi but i was thinking of getting one soon. Well i was till most of the forums i have read said Asterisk and Virtual Machines don't mix. I have been finding it really hard to get any solid facts on the matter to be honest. That is why i started a forum post about it on here but I got no response to it so far. I would be quite interested to hear about your reseller VM's and how well they work. I am not trying to do that but it may be easily adapted to what i want to do.

Maybe i will just have to buy a server with the required hardware to test but i was hoping to have a good idea of it working or not before i did that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:36 am 

Hi

One of our customers has installed our reseller system for them, based on OpenVZ, and I know that in one of his virtualisations, he is running 210 concurrent calls. But, he has thrown a 16 processor, 32Gb of RAM, Raid 10 system at the problem.

It is usually better not to virtualise Asterisk, but not because it is Asterisk, but because it is VoIP, and when you share with other applications, you cannot control the bandwidth quite so easily, and some heavy bandwidth usage on another VM may cause degradation of VoIP quality on the softswitch, as may some heavy processor usage on another VM.

There are issues with timing sources, as Asterisk uses Dahdi as a timing source, which often cannot exist on a VM. we have worked round that issue, and Asterisk 1.6.2 releases another App for conferencing that does not require a timing source.

However, using Virtualisation can solve a number of problems, and may be a pragmatic solution, not withstanding the potential issues mentioned above. Another one of the products we have worked up which uses virtualisation is http://www.star2billing.com/multi-tenant.

Yours

Joe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:41 am 

my main reason for looking at visualization is redundancy as well as the ability to upgrade/replace the system the OS is sitting on easily. I most likely be looking at other methods i guess. Are there any recommended ways for redundancy with a2billing and asterisk?

one other thing are there any current VMware images of a2billing or a good vmware image out there of asterisk that i can add a2billing to? Going to run some tests on vmware server then try ESXi i think.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:31 am 

Best things about pbx system is easy to use and handle and it don’t require any further maintenance charges. I started using pbx system one month ago. Are the companies bringing any new things about the cost cutting in the outgoing call and internet usage?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:19 am 

Can you explain me how a2billing works.

Hosted Voice Broadcast