Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 pm
Voice Broadcast System

All times are UTC

Post subject: Billing question
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:03 am 

Our setup is currently that customers are billed a fixed rate for their inbound DID and are allowed to make outbound calls to North America for free. This works fine.

What I would like to do is invoice them monthly for the international calls that they make. Currently the ratecard that is part of the callplan they are on has a sellrate of 0 for all of the North American prefixes. Essentially what I think I need is for each customer on a particular call plan to search the CDR for all calls where the sessionbill is greater than 0 and generate an invoice for that.

Does A2Billing support this at all?

thanks,

Aaron

Post subject: Re: Billing question
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:14 pm 

I've looked in to this a little more but I believe I need some clarity.

All of my customers are setup as pre-paid. When I log in to the customer interface and click "Preview next billing", it generates a receipt for them. My understanding is that it generates a receipt because they have already paid for those calls as they were deducted from their existing positive balance. I'm assuming that if they were setup as a post-pay card and I allowed them to go in to the negative then they would not have paid for those calls and therefore an invoice would have been generated. Is this a correct assumption?

It looks like a2billing_batch_billing.php performs the same action as the Preview Next Billing customer page but as a batch for each user. I could modify that script to search the user's CDR for the previous month and generate an invoice. But before I go down the path of making a custom script, I want to verify that there isn't any existing functionality out of the box.

Thanks.

Predictive Dialer