provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:21 pm
Voice Broadcast System

All times are UTC

Post subject: Invoicing
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:45 pm 

Not sure if someone's posted this before, but a few comments

Invoice modules use the truncate function which rounds down. For tax purposes, the round function should be used as it works out the numbers correctly. Using truncate results in invoices being out by a penny on occasions.

Running the subscriptions cron job doesn't decreament the balance (in my code, the code has been commented out)

Applying a charge via the admin screen, while it adds a charged to db, it likewise doesn't decreament the balance. This is fine for post pay but not for prepay.

regards

P.S. I have written an aged debtors report for post pay customers. This lists customers who have not paid their invoice. If anyone is interested, more than happy to post this.

I'm also in the process of writing an batch invoice -> email cron job with call analysis. This shows all of the call analysis of 1.3 with a few extra's like top 10 most expensive calls + top 10 longest calls. One of the issues is the the old html2pdf library does not recognise CSS. To that end I'm now using dompdf which has css support. If anyone is interested in helping out please let me know.

r

Post subject: Re: Invoicing
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:54 am 

Hi,

I am also interested in this project, pls let know know if I can be of any help.

Thanks,

A.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:11 am 

well the main issue is dompdf not being happy with the style sheets, but I intend to have a go this weekend. Once I crack that it's pretty much there.

regards

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:48 pm 

as an FYI, I've integrated dompdf and it works well for my needs - see this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5996&hilit=dompdf

I looked a while ago at the subscriptions, & the fact that it is commented out, and it is actually the right way to do it (I cant remember why though, it was quite some time ago).

kr
J

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:47 am 

cerien wrote:
as an FYI, I've integrated dompdf and it works well for my needs - see this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5996&hilit=dompdf

I looked a while ago at the subscriptions, & the fact that it is commented out, and it is actually the right way to do it (I cant remember why though, it was quite some time ago).

kr
J

Thank for the heads up on domfpdf I'll take a look at it.

Regarding subscriptions, I'm at a loss as to why the code is commented out. I can't see any way that the balance will be reduced otherwise, unless there's another script I should be running

regards

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:28 pm 

i believe i remember that the reason is...

when running a2billing_subscription_fee.php, you create a charge.
if you update the credit as well, when you'll run billing, you'll bill twice for the fee: once as a charge, and once as the credit itself (batch billing does actually bill two main items : the current negative balance (ie cc_card.credit), and any charges posted).

eventually, this means that subscriptions fees are not controlled by the credit limit, but if it were, the interesting question would arise: what to do when you bill for a charge and the credit limit is reached !

given you are looking at prepay - you probably need to duplicate the subscription script, post the charge as invoiced, decrement the credit, and mostly, add the logic as to what is there is not credit on the account

hope this helps

j.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:40 pm 

hmm,

Well I've hacked both subs cron job and invoicing so that doesn't happen. To me it's logical that when a subscription fee is raised, be it post or pre pay, the balance should change instantly.

My view is this. For prepay, customers should get invoice for credit purchased. A monthly invoice is not required. Only post pay get invoice on a monthly basis

Further, when I look at my invoice report, it's cluttered with refills etc. Invoice list should be just that, nothing else

I've also created an aged debtor's report for post pay for payment chasing.

That said, one of the most productive changes I've made is to change the filter to search be last name partial match instead of account number. It may not suite everyone, but I only have a relatively small number of customers but who spend alot.

Regards

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:25 am 

Hi

(quick note: I am not the designer of the invoice module - just a user with some experience on this subject !)

Invoicing is usually needed for book keeping - raising an invoice allows to freeze a situation - wether pre or post - and account for it. It looks stupid, but having invoices with the refills and calls is sometimes a legal requirement.

I am curioius at what type of charges are recurring in preaid, and what you do in case the balance is exhausted and you want to post the charge ? do you go negative ? it is often complicated, trigger calls to the contact centre, etc...

The good thing with opensource is that you can tailor it to your needs and how you think your business should be run !

:-)

J.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:05 am 

I agree that refills need to be recorded, but not bunched together in a view that says 'Invoices' :shock:

Further to your last question though, yes I go negative when a sub is taken. This is usually for number rental. They also get an email alert.

regards

VoIP Billing solution