provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:45 am
Predictive Dialer

All times are UTC

Post subject: URGENT: Caller ID from Private Number not working
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:48 pm 

Hi All,
Caller ID on my A2billing is not working when the call is made from a "private number". It works fine if the incoming call has the numeric caller ID. I am new to A2billing and I am not sure where and what changes could be made to fix this issue.

I did a search on the forum for similiar problems but could not find anything that had a solid solution. As am I new to VoIP world I would appreciate step by step instructions if anyone would be kind enough to reply to this post.

Your prompt response will be highly appreciated.

Thank you all.

Post subject: Re: URGENT: Caller ID from Private Number not working
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:54 am 

Welcome to the Forums - you may regret that choice of name in a few months time when you are answering questions ;-)

If you are authenticating on caller ID, and the customer withholds their CallerID, then you cannot authenticate them. You have to prompt for a PIN, unless you are a licensed carrier with an interconnect, then you will get the callerID anyway.

Joe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:41 am 

Thanks for the prompt response Jroper. I really appreciate your help.

I read few other posts on this Forum where they were talking about adding fake caller ID like 5555555 or changing part of a2billing.php code back
to previous versions where it did not check if the incoming call was numeric.

There must be some sort of work around. Could you please advise if the above or any other solution can be applied to authenticate the calls from
private numbers that has been added to caller ID list for that user.

I can not wait for the day when I will wish for a different name whereby I will be in a position to answer questions in this Forum like
you have answered mine.

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:50 am 

Hi

There is nothing you can do, because there is no way of identifying your customer.

I take it you are talking about a Calling card / Callthrough service - e.g. customer calls a DID, is authenticated on the basis of their caller ID, and then prompted for the number they wish to call?

Joe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:54 am 

Hi J.Roper,
Yes, that is exactly what I am aiming for. When someone calls the DID number and gets to a2billing then I want to be able to authincate that caller using the number he is calling from, which will be already added to his callerID list. As the incoming number comes in as "unknown" or without a numberic value a2billing is failing to validate the caller and is instead asking for PIN even though his phone number is already listed as his callerID.

If someone with your expertise is saying it can not be done then I will give up the hope. If there is anything that clicks on your mind please show me in the right direction.

Thank you again.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:08 am 

The fact is, if you don't know the callerID, then you have no way of identifying and authenticating the customer.

If the number is withheld, then it's hidden from you, unless you are licensed carrier with an interconnect.

You need to tell your customers that they cannot withhold the callerID and expect to have pinless dialling.

Joe

Predictive Dialer