Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:26 am
Voice Broadcast System

All times are UTC

Post subject: Cant change Prepaid to postpaid. Is this a bug?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:13 pm 

I did a search on forum for this bug and couldn't find it..

In A2Billing - Version 1.4.3.1 (Sesame Street) should one be allowed to edit PAYMENT TYPE on an account and change Prepaid to PostPaid?

Is this Disabled on purpose?

1. I did a lot of keyword searches both on the net and on this forum and cant find an answer.
2. Checked my Database tables and I have right fields
3. Created new account and set it prepaid
4. Clicked on edit new-card-record and found PAYMENT TYPE is disabled.

If this is bug.. I will post it on the tact site

Post subject: Re: Cant change Prepaid to postpaid. Is this a bug?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:51 am 

Hi

No, an account once created cannot have it's payment type changed, as this would cause an accounting nightmare, as to what has been paid for, and what needs to be paid for.

Joe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:27 pm 

jroper wrote:
Hi

No, an account once created cannot have it's payment type changed, as this would cause an accounting nightmare, as to what has been paid for, and what needs to be paid for.

Joe

Hi Joe
I take you word for it but not sure I understand.

If client signs up as postpaid and pays nothing and if he is allowed to go in the negative $10 the cc_credit field would show -10.000 when he uses up $10 with of services and if he’s switched to prepay, client still owes $10 to bring account back up to a positive value plus any prepaid amount you might ask him to pay. If client is -10 and switches to prepay after he paid $100 while on postpaid he would have $90 credit and cc_credit would show 90.00. If client switches to prepaid before paying the $100 and than pays $100 A2billing will add the $100 and his account still be $90.00.

I thought what is owed is always shown as a negative balance rather it be prepaid or postpaid and when there is a positive balance it always means its money for services owed to client. Are there any exception to this RULE?

I could be mistaken but it was my understanding whenever there is a debit-charge of any kind the money is always removed from the balance field cc_credit and when there is a credit or refilll of any kind the money is added to the clients balance in same cc_credit field Except for payments that you choose not to apply as a refill.

This confuses me a bit. Maybe I am over looking something else in a2billing which messes up when accounts gets switched back and forth.

Generally when you first sign up some clients you might want to give them postpaid but don’t trust them enough and want to switch them over later. And sometimes some postpaid clients are more trouble them they are worth on postpaid unless you switch them to prepaid.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:08 am 

Hi

During the invoicing process, the system reacts differently depending on whether the customer is postpaid or prepaid.

Joe

Auto Dialer Software