Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 pm
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: INVOICES
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:25 pm 

Estimados, Tengo instalada la plataforma con A2Billing 1.4 RC1 y la verdad no entiendo la mecanica del sistema de invoices.
Alguien tiene un manual o un how to que explique su funcionamiento ?
Muchas gracias
A las órdenes.
Nicolas M

Post subject: Re: INVOICES
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:42 am 

Estimado Nicolas,

Espero que entiendes el ingles, para que todos puendan aprovechar de los mensajes ! sino, google es tu amigo ;-)

From what I understood, on postpaid billing...

You need to create the customer wit the type postpaid AND set a credit limit (not the notification, just the credit limit - has to be a positive value). You also set the initial balance to 0.

Then, the customer will make calls. When setting up the call with A*, A2B will pass in the Dial command the maximum time allowed for the destination - ie.. (credit limit - balance) / rate = max time - A* will cut the call if this time is reached. So, as your customer makes calls, his balance deepens in negative values until it reaches "-credit limit" - I would assume if you allow simultaneous access, that you can exceed this limit, so be careful there. Going into realtime update of the balance (vs when hooking up the call) is a lot of work & cpu.

Then, once a month, you run the billing script - either through cron, or manually: php a2billing_batch_billing.php - it will process all customers that have a billing day equal to the current day. You may want to look at this script... For customers that have a negative credit, it will:
- generate a receipt - I havent figured out the use
- generate an invoice, with one item, equal to the absolute value of the balance of the customer
- create / update an entry in cc_billing_customer to log the date of the billrun, for next month
done - simple...

then, you need to inform / mail your customers that their bill is ready. They go online and check via the customer UI the invoice, & call details.

At this point, though the invoice is generated, the balance is not reset - your risk is still there!

from there... not as sure....
You collect the money... then create a payment (billing/payment/add payment), and associate a refill with it... your customer balance will be increased by the payment. Alternatively, you can refill manually, without the payment...if you like risking your $$$.
Then, you need to assign the payment to the invoice, and update the status of the invoice (invoice / $$$icon ).

Please, look at a couple of bugs I've reported, and that I dont believe are fixed - I have no clue on how trac works... and didnt get really any answer on these !

Anyone willing to correct this post is welcome !

Attentamente,

Jean

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:05 am 

Hi

My understanding is as yours.

Typically, when the invoice has been dispatched, the customer has a period of time to pay the invoice. When the invoice is paid, then that is the time to do both a refill and a payment, and certainly not before.

This ensures that the customer's debt, in a post-paid environment, never exceeds the amount of money you are prepared to risk on them. In other words, they have to get payment to you before their credit runs out!

The receipt is more to do with Pre-Pay.

A definition of an invoice is that you are asking for money to be paid.
A definition of a receipt basically means that the payment has been received.

Joe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:26 pm 

Gracias Joe perdona que estuve ausente estos días y no había visto tu post. Voy a estudiar eso que me pusiste y luego te cuneto como me fué.
Muchas gracias por tu ayuda !
Saludos
Nico

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:31 pm 

Nico

you might want to read this: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5658

these are a few ideas that I believe could make A2B better. It will also give you ideas on how things work

J.

Hosted Voice Broadcast