Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:03 am
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: Agents comission logic
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:47 pm 

Hi
Do you have in plans to change agents comission logic to following:
Agent can set is own commission, and this commission will be automatically added to a rate list, that customer sees

Post subject: Re: Agents comission logic
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:44 pm 

How do i see implementation to avoid big system changes

1.We have new "Virtual call plans" that are real call plans for billing, but are not shown in any call plan list
2.When we create an agent , we assign him some real call plans. At creation time we create virual call plans , that are mirrors to call plans, that were added to agents
3.When agent sets comission - we automatically update virual call plan, to add this comission
4.In the list of tariff plans in agent interface - he will see Virtual call plans only, so it will be no mess between call plans
5.In the interface of agent we add new field Comission - so agent could define comission by himself

As result we have :
1.Agents can define their comission, so actually create their call plans
2.We dont change any logic - so it is only interface changes and some logic additions

To implement it i have folloqwing questions
1.Where could i find in the a2billing source an SQL query, that gets lust of call plans for the foem ( to show only real, not virtual call plans)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:01 am 

Hi

What you appear to be referring to is something more akin to reseller funtionality.

Agents in A2Billing are commission agents, selling the products that you create, and the products that you allow that particular agent to sell, under your brand, and control, and receive commission for that, and your description, I believe would complicate the agents system, as well as leave yourself open for agents to potentially defraud your customers, or indeed make mistakes.

My view would be to push agents to sell sell sell, and to have as little do do with admin and maintenance as possible, because my experience is that a sales person will do almost anything else rather than sell something.

If you need agents to create their own products, then you may consider the architecture described here, http://www.star2billing.com/reseller

Joe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:19 pm 

Thank you very much for reply

VoIP Billing solution