provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:13 pm
Predictive Dialer

All times are UTC

Post subject: Better control for concurrent calls per card
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:11 pm 

Dear all

This is a suggestion for better control of simultaneous calls for a given card :

The parameter "simultaneous access" would be an integer to limit concurrent calls for a given card.
ie : 0 --> unlimited, 1 --> 1 concurrent call, 2 --> 2 concurrent calls allowed ...etc

This feature would allow to charge the customers by concurrent calles allowed which is more precise than "one or unlimited"

Regards

C.

Post subject: Re: Better control for concurrent calls per card
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:52 pm 

Hi cvinh
That would be nice.. But I notice in the last 4 years of using a2billing. Even when set to single concurrent call sometiems a2billing doesnt update the database if it ever crashes or even times when client hangs up. I have never figured out why. I have to set the "IN USE" field back to 0. so customer can make a call. For this reason i always set it to unlimited.

Because this happens often I am not sure the feature you requested would actually work right until this other issue is fixed first.

Sam

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:05 pm 

Hi Sam,

If the server Asterisk Crash it s possible the card stay locked, you are right but when the user hangup or the call finish I believe that this will work correctly. I will invite you to retest on the latest A2Billing 1.4.

Yours,
/Areski

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:00 pm 

Hi Areski,

In the first year of using A2b this was a serious issue for me. Lately however I have not been seeing they numbers in the INUSE field growing unless I need to reboot or do anything for any reason that would shut A2billing down without closing on its own. Even now when I trick a2billing into closing before the call ends everything short of an outright crash the INUSE Field is set back to 0 like it should be. Even when stoping asterisk during all stages of the call (right after Authentication, right after entering destination number.. During Ringing and After call as been Answered) It seems to be working like a charm.

Will test further to see how a2b reacts when Table cc_card table is temporarily locked incases of back up, restore or other MYSQL maintenance procedures .

I was thinking I of setting a script to run when asterisk Starts to reset the fields INUSE back to 0 and and maybe a good idea for others to do the same. This way the INUSE field well be set to 0 incase of server crash or have been rebooted.

Best Regards
Sam

Predictive Dialer