Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 pm
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: DID Enhancement
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:45 am 

I would be nice if in addition of the Country we could add the state also. similar to DIDForsales.com.

Post subject: Re: DID Enhancement
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:40 pm 

Good Ideal!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:04 pm 

HUMMM!!!... state? areacode would also be nice, many states have several areacodes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:13 pm 

I think you can add these in to the Country list directly in the DB.

Joe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:07 pm 

jroper wrote:
I think you can add these in to the Country list directly in the DB.

Joe

I know that I can but it would be nice if it was added by dev instead for future versions and future updates.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:59 pm 

Hmm, list could get very long, for USA State, and and county, and if that is done, then what about UK County and Town, Spain provinces, etc etc etc.

Joe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:00 pm 

jroper wrote:
Hmm, list could get very long, for USA State, and and county, and if that is done, then what about UK County and Town, Spain provinces, etc etc etc.

Joe

it would be the same. for example UK has the same basic thing for example you have UK ---> LONDON
USA -->NEW YORK
LIKE FOR CANADA--> QUEBEC and so on. it think it can be done
That would be a nice enhancement to the DID module.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:07 am 

Hi All and Happy New Year, and Kudos to A2Billing for 5.
i have been thinking about this idea and added to "my to try"
But as Joe said the list could be long and am worried it could slow down the server resulting to longer PDD as the list would be millions of area codes to match. A suicidal message as anybody hates "off the mark waits" before their calls are connected.
What about grouping the customers based on their country and adding a grouped table in the database that would be hunted based on, (first authenticate the country code as A2Billing does now) and then the area code based on the customer postcode field which is mandatory for those countries that have postcodes. UK would hit 66 marks based on cities and US would have about 50 based on states if wikipedia is right, which i think is not bad.
HMMMMM! but this will mean having more than 195 Groups if a person in every conner of the world sign up.

This is a very good thread for discussion,

Rgds
Eamonnn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:41 am 

manugmedia wrote:
Hi All and Happy New Year, and Kudos to A2Billing for 5.
i have been thinking about this idea and added to "my to try"
But as Joe said the list could be long and am worried it could slow down the server resulting to longer PDD as the list would be millions of area codes to match. A suicidal message as anybody hates "off the mark waits" before their calls are connected.
What about grouping the customers based on their country and adding a grouped table in the database that would be hunted based on, (first authenticate the country code as A2Billing does now) and then the area code based on the customer postcode field which is mandatory for those countries that have postcodes. UK would hit 66 marks based on cities and US would have about 50 based on states if wikipedia is right, which i think is not bad.
HMMMMM! but this will mean having more than 195 Groups if a person in every conner of the world sign up.

This is a very good thread for discussion,

Rgds
Eamonnn

it can also be displayed in pages. and beside by state unless your business is to sell DIDs it would not be log at all by states. some states would be long but not long enough to slow down the system.
You do not need to make a group for each states only on group by country and I am sure that not all will have all the countries listed beside some countries do not allow DIDs.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:07 am 

Hi

The UK runs to several hundred dial codes, not to mention all the other countries you may want to add.

I would still argue that it would be easy enough to just import the areas to which you have DID.

e.g. From reading some posts on other forums, DID are not necessarily available in every location in the USA, and until recently London DID were becoming scarce, until they added another dial code, so you would not want to advertise the destination unless you can fulfil the order.

It's not the PDD that worries me, it is the maintenance of the list.

I would therefore suggest that if you want extra destinations, or indeed want to remove some, then manipulate the DID country list to suit your own sales model. This would appear to be the simplest way of dealing with this issue.

There are many other areas which really need attention on A2Billing, and nice additions to increase profitability and reduce admin load. e.g. A leg Billing and a review of the invoicing process. With the limited resources we have, these have to be prioritised.

Yours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:08 pm 

jroper wrote:
Hi

The UK runs to several hundred dial codes, not to mention all the other countries you may want to add.

Ok We could have it by country then by Area code then by numbers. it would be the same thing. if you look at DIDx it is how they have it. country code-->Area code-->then number it is as good

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:33 pm 

jroper wrote:
Hi

I would still argue that it would be easy enough to just import the areas to which you have DID.

Yours

Hi Joe.
I agree

Despite how many codes there are in the world, at the moment there are only a few codes that DIDS can be bought from. You can Google every DID company in the world to verify this. Unless you keeping track of DIDs belonging to a particular local calling area I am not sure it would be a good idea to put in hundreds of codes in your DB or search option which you don’t have DIDS for or codes where there are no DIDs currently available and might not be available for years to come.

However it seems there can be a little improvement made compared to how it is working now. I seen many other companies selling DIDS that have a little nicer interface for DIDs and more options than what a2billing seems has, thus more user friendly.

As it is now the buying and selling of DIDs in a2billing is working fine and I feel there are more features and additions that time would be better spent on than redoing the did feature.

I am not selling DIDs at the moment so I really don’t care either way. Just voicing my opinion in case it makes a difference.

Best regards
Sam

Voice Broadcast System