Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 pm
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: Accepting digits during the A2Billing announcement (IVR)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:31 pm 

Hello everyone,

I have recently installed A2Billing Version 1.4 and I am going through some of the settings. Can someone tell me how I can set the A2Billing, so it will accept dialed destination digits by the user while the A2Billing is making an announcements such as the user available credit? I am unable to see any configuration setting in the a2billing.conf file to deal with this.

Currently, users have to wait until the A2Billing is done announcing the user available credit and then dial the number. In the cases that the user is impenitent and don't wait for the the end of the announcement, the digits dialed during the announcement is going to be ignored by a2billing. The outcome is catastrophic, since the A2Billing is going to dial only the last section of the dial number rather than the entire number and disregard the digits dialed during its announcement.

The issue can be avoided by telling individuals to wait for the credit announcement to be finished and dial their desired destination. But this not a practical solution in the real world, specially when it comes to a prepaid calling card service.

I appreciate your input in regard with this issue if this a configuration setting which I have to do. In the case that this is not being a configuration setting, could you please share how a practical solution can be applied.

Thanks,

Avestan

Voice Broadcast System