provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject: Strange behavior with Callback in a2billing
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:01 pm 

Greetings to everyone in the community:

Ive been working with trixbox and a2billing for a few weeks. The dialplan for this project is to call a number assigned to a SIP trunk, and calling out with this trunk for National calls within France(landlines or cell phones) and dialing international with a IAX trunk. Extensions are SIP softphones (X-lite)

Everything works as expected, callback in freepbx is set to callback CIDs and direct them to a2billing. This was done with trixbox function custom-callingcard,s,1.

Now enter a2billing. Outbound calls with extensions work just right, authentication, dialing, talking, etc. So does inbound calls with landlines or cell phones when there is no callback set(direct a2billing after answering). Now, the weirdest comes next.

Callback enabled: Emulated calls with 7777 work, INTERNATIONAL calls work! (over the IAX trunk), but LOCAL or National calls in France(SIP) do not work. This happens as follows.

1. You dial in. Busy tone
2. Five seconds later callback happens (you answer)
3. "Please enter your complete pin number"
4. You dial in your PIN
5. "You have x dollars and x cents"
6. The script suddenly completes, returns 0 and hangs up.

Now this happens only if you call within France, if you call from another country or with an extension Xlite it goes on to "please enter the number you wish to call and press #" and the call completes successfully.

So, i am completely lost in why a2billing works with extensions, with CIDs from another country, but not with local calls.

Now, to save us some time. I would like to clarify some details:

*Why is SIP used for local and why IAX for international? This is because SIP is set to dtmfmode=inband, which is used for France, and IAX is set to dtmfmode=rfc2833 for all other countries (This has proven to be the only configuration that works). SIP does not work for international even when set to rfc2833.

Well, this is the situation, i thank you for reading this long post, i wanted to make it as clear as possible. Any logs needed will be posted at once at request.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Auto Dialer Software