Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:02 pm
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:31 am 

I just tested Generate Customers and it works fine on branches/1.3 and v1.2.3. I may have patched my v1.2.3 with a bugfix for this issue from this forum, I can't remember. Try searching.

Oh, of course it might be that you didn't fill in the 'balance' with a value... that would cause a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:45 pm 

Sorry I have no further suggestions. Generate customers simply works for me everywhere I test it.
It seems the only field you need to populate is '2) Choose tariff'. Leaving this blank will prevent creation of the cards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:53 pm 

callingcard wrote:
What is funny is that I generated them in a2billing 1.3
Ordered 5000 cards and a2billing generated 6124.
You're saying 1,124 more cards than you requested were generated? Again this isn't something I can reproduce, and would be an extemely odd bug if that's what it is.
Are you sure there weren't 1,124 existing cards in your database?
It occurs to me that it's a possibility you started with 4 cards in your database, and then tried to generate a batch 10 and received an error message. You tried again generating 10 cards, then at a later date tried to generate 100 and then 1,000 all of which reported errors whilst the cards in actuality were being generated successfully.
Is this a feasible description of the sequence of events leading up to your database's current state?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:42 pm 

callingcard wrote:
No. It is not possible.
I'm going to have to disagree. Non-reproduceable errors are, in my experience, almost exclusively caused by local problems or misunderstandings.
Quote:
Modified the document a little in excel and word to work on spaces, make it txt etc.
To save frustration I'd strongly recommend using a good 'programmers' text editor, as opposed to a word processor like Word, to edit .CSV files. Such an editor will never re-flow or hyphenate the text without being asked to. Years back, when I still used Windows, I used to use UltraEdit. I assume it's still available.
Quote:
Did you exported the cards, put them in Excel and they were 5000 or you just generated them and thought they are 5000?
Previously, no I hadn't bothered with the CSV export stage, being satisfied with the indicator '5000 records' at the top of the table. I just tested again, creating 5,000 cards and then hitting 'Export CSV' at the bottom of the results page. I loaded that .CSV into OpenOffice and it contained exactly 5,000 cards.
Quote:
I generate my PINs with a PIN generator.
Don't know what might happen if a PIN gets doubled, maybe a2billing will tell me there is a duplicate?
A2B won't tell you a thing. The database schema will prevent non-unique 'username's and 'useralias'es being inserted into cc_card.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:59 pm 

This bug can also be triggered by another patch available on this forum, as discovered and reported by quickphone

Hosted Voice Broadcast