provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 am
Predictive Dialer

All times are UTC

Post subject: A2Billing start charging while it still ringing
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:35 am 

Dear all,
I am working on the deployment of A2Billing in my company and would like your help in how I can configure it to start charging when the other side answers the call. I found it charges even it didn't get answer (while still ringing). I have seen that there is a parameter "answer_call" which can have to be set to "no" but when I set it, I have no sound after dialling a number. Is there any solution which can be suggested to solve the problem. Maybe some changes in chan_dahdi.conf.
Thank you in advance.

ELoge

Post subject: Re: A2Billing start charging while it still ringing
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:45 am 

Hi

If you are using Analogue lines with Dahdi to make outbound calls, then there is no solution as analogue lines answer the call as far as Asterisk is concerned.

If you are making calls via SIP, then ensure that your carrier is not answering the call.

Yours

Joe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:21 pm 

Thanks for your prompt reaction. Unfortunately, I am using an analogue lines for my trunk connected to asterisk via dadhi module. I have seen that there is possibilty to increase the rxgrain and txgain but untill now I am really stuck on this step.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:36 pm 

Hi

Analogue lines answer the call, so A2Billing will bill from dialing the number. Nothing you can do about this, that's how they work.

You can alleviate the effects of this to a limited degree by using the minimum time to bill, which says if the call is less than x seconds, then don't bill at all, but if it's longer, bill for everything.

You can also use stepped billing to make the first X seconds of the call free of charge.

Using Analogue lines is not ideal for this kind of service, I'd advise using PRI or SIP.

In terms of setting up your gains on the dahdi card, this is not the place to discuss it, but it is useful to run fxotune to set the levels correctly.

Joe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:17 pm 

Hi,
this is the first time I install and configure a2billing. I have searched how to activate stepped billing but can't find it. Can you please indicate me how to give first seconds call for free. Thank you again for your help.
I will check how I should move to a PRI cause I am dealing with local calls which are expensive if I pass by SIP trunk.

Eloge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:39 pm 

Hi

Read through the system settings in the admin screens. This will answer both your questions, and answer some you've not thought of yet.

Joe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:45 pm 

Thank you very much. I already finded it in System Settings ==> Global Settings ==> Title "Advanced Mode".
I was looking in a2billing.conf file.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:26 am 

Hi,
I just need to make all things clear. Does a GSM Gateway should solve my issue, i.e. I need the billing system (a2billing) to start charging when the other side answers the call as mentioned in my previous messages.
Thank you in advance.

Eloge

Hosted Voice Broadcast