provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:47 am
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject: A2Billing limits
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:12 pm 

Hi,

I have at present Opensips, 2x asterisk servers, RDS Database all hosted on Amazon. What are my limitations with this? I've been told an A2Billing server can only handle 200-400 concurrent calls. So even if I went to the maximum c3.8xlarge 32 core 60gb of ram its stil going to do 200-400 channels. So is it best for me to have lots of smaller asterisk servers all load balancing?

I have a client who is doing a voice broadcast, of which I'm struggling to get enough calls getting to the vicidial server. Although the vicidial server says its doing 500+ calls at times A2billing asterisk isn't going over 300 and thats with other clients onboard. At present the other asterisk server is handling standard PBX calls. All servers loads an utilisation's are low.

If I go for 5 asterisk c3.xlarge (4 core 2.8GHz) does this mean I can handle around 2000 concurrent channels on my network?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: A2Billing limits
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:08 pm 

Hi

Quote:
I have at present Opensips, 2x asterisk servers, RDS Database all hosted on Amazon. What are my limitations with this? I've been told an A2Billing server can only handle 200-400 concurrent calls.

I don't think that is fair to say, it depends on a number of factors, such as your hardware, what optimisation you have done, the CPS and so on, so without iterative testing and optimisation it is virtually impossible to give an accurate figure for the number of concurrent calls or CPS for any given hardware.

Joe

Predictive Dialer