provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:07 pm
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject: DID Destination
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:12 pm 

Hello to everybody !

This is my first time at the forum, and I'd like to solve an issue I'm having at destination field regarding DID Inbound routes.

We need that the destination use the number of the CallerID before it be submit to a2billing engine so that we can create a tariff group based on call originator.

So we tried to set the destination like ${CALLERID(num)}, and it does not work, we tried to set like %${CALLERID(num)}% and also does not work, do you guys have any idea how we con do that ? Is it possible ? or we need to use the SET command at the extensions.conf ? Really I don't know how to do that. Could you help me with that ?

Best Regards to everybody.

Carlos

Last edited by cxavier on Tue May 11, 2010 4:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: DID Destination
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:58 pm 

1st: Shouldn't that be ${CALLERID(num)}
and not ${CALLERID(num)

2nd: What are you tring to do? The callerid of the incomming call is normally passed to a2billing so "pinless" dialing works....

Rethink your logic perhaps...there may be an easier way to do what you want.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:56 am 

You are right it is ${CALLERID(num)}, it was just mistype write during creating the post, and we already edited and retyped it at the post... thank you to flag it..

Well for a2billing charge DID per minute is to submit it to a trunk, but before it goes to the trunk it need to be define the destination number so that it can go to the a2billing engine and charge it according with the prefix defined on the rates, so if the destination is specific number it will charge according with it, it means all number has calling to the DID will not have different charges, and this is what I´d like to avoid.
I´d like a2billing charge different rates according with the CallerIDs. So if the destination can use the callerID we can create different rates for different prefixes and we can charge DIDs following the same way.

The issue is when I filed ${CALLERID(num)} at destination field it does not work...Really I don´t know if it occurs because the syntax or what ever.. Do you have any idea what is going on ?

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:15 pm 

If I understand you correctly, you want to charge different customer different rates...
Easy to do with rate cards, just assign different call plans to different customers, use a2billing CID pinless dialing to select your customers and thus the call plan and finally the rate card that you want for that customer.

Also you don't "send" the callerid to a2billing with anything, just pass the call and the callerid is part of it.

Set a custom destination to a2billing and point your DID'd to it.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:33 pm 

I never use a2billing CID pinless dialing so I don't know how it works ...

Let me show you what we need:

The idea is the DID will be a free phone call (0800) for the call originator people, all inbound calls will be charge at the card number linked to DID, all call will coming from local and long distance PSTN phones and also from local and long distance cell phones, and we will create different rates for each one of those calls, linked to card, and also linked to call plan. So I was imagining that if the destination could accept the callerID would be easier way to do that. But if how you are saying the CID pinless dialing can do that and the results are the same. I can use that.

However I never did it before, what is CID pinless dialing ? Is there any regarding it documentation I can use ? Could you give the information how to that ?

VoIP Billing solution