Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:35 am
Voice Broadcast System

All times are UTC

Post subject: How do I restore from version 1.4 to 1.7?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:32 am 

Hi Guys,
Further to my post on the below link, I have come to identify that the sample customers and other details that were backed up from the previous version of a2billing 1.4 test database and were imported in the new version 1.7 did not display any information about the customers even though the list did exist due to conflict in mysql schema.

Previous newbie post:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=7799

Could someone please explain where and how do I update mysql schema so that the entire database from version 1.4 can be successfully restored to version 1.7. The restore returns no error and displays customer list when I click "Add/Search customer", but if I add a new customer or try to display the customer details it returns a blank page.

I am still a beginner, and have learnt and progressed a lot using information in this Forum and guidance provided by someone kind like yourself.

Please guide me step by step.

1. First thing, how do I check what myql schema is running on my database?

2. If my schema was V.1.4.0, can I directly change to 1.7.0 in one command like this >> "UPDATE-a2billing-v1.4.0-to-1.7.0.sql" or do I have to update version by version?

3. When tried to randomly use the update script I get the below error, if this is the right way of upgrading, how do I fix the error?
"mysql -u root -p mya2billing < UPDATE-a2billing-v1.4.0-to-v1.4.1.sql ERROR 1091 (42000) at line 43: Can't DROP 'currency'; check that column/key exists".

Please provide any other methods or steps that are required for the upgrade.. I managed to think of above questions from other posts, may be there is more to it.

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: How do I restore from version 1.4 to 1.7?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:46 am 

Hi Guys,
I have managed to get it working. I simply followed mysql udpate part of install script posted by niranjan_lk at the below post.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=7350&hilit=check+mysql+schema

I simply copied and pasted the whole thing one by one. first few steps gave me error but it started working from version 1.4.1. So thats what my older schema might be. Now I can see few customers that I had created on the older version for testing.

Its getting interesting now. I will ask you questions if get stuck again.

By the way, could someone please answer the above questions just in case.

Thanks guys..
VoipBeginner.

Post subject: Re: How do I restore from version 1.4 to 1.7?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:29 am 

Hi

You have taken the correct approach.

It was not until version 1.5 that we started to include the version of the A2Billing database in cc_version table, so before then, you simply have to know the the version, or check on the front screen, provided the web pages and database are in sync.

Hence the reason that applying earlier updates that the version you are running would fail.

Joe

Predictive Dialer