Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:11 am
Auto Dialer Software

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: A2Billing 1.7.1 - create card , callback, voucher top-up,
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:01 pm 

Why don't you install a test version of A2Billing 1.7.1 and let us all know, as it would seem that you are not going to take our word for it that it works.

And with your long experience of A2Billing in a commercial environment since at least 2007 when you first became a member here, you should have no difficulties with creating some documentation on these areas to contribute back to the community, which I am sure would be very much appreciated by newer members less experienced than yourself.

Joe

Post subject: Re: A2Billing 1.7.1 - create card , callback, voucher top-up,
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:31 pm 

Hi

The license under which you download, install and use A2Billing is the AGPL - Section 15 is most relevant here. In any software, there are bugs, and we endeavour to correct them as they are reported. But where a feature is clearly broken, in some but not all circumstances, it is sensible to remove these features until we have the time and resources to correct the issues, then re-introduce them when they are fixed, as was done with cid_auto_create_card.

I don't fully understand why financial issues should be a barrier to installing a test version of A2Billing. It costs nothing to test A2Billing, other than time. All the components are free of charge, as is one of the many virtual environments to test the system on your own desktop on your PC or laptop, e,g, VMWare Player to name just one example. Of course there may be other financial circumstances that I have not considered, possibly you could expand, and we may be able to make some suggestions.

One may argue that it is obligatory to test first, before going live, if one is basing their business on this software, particularly with a major upgrade such as from 1.3 to 1.4. Additionally, one may also argue that if one's business depends on the existence and viability of a certain feature, then it would be extremely courageous to simply take someone else's word that the feature does work as expected.

It is fair to assume that you have a great deal of experience because you have been a member of these forums since June 2007, have posted 467 times, which puts you as number 6 of all forum members in terms of number of posts which indicates you have been very helpful, or had a lot of problems. Either way, that justifies my suggestion that, like it or not, you are one of the most experienced members on this forum. Couple this with the fact that a selection of your recent posts would suggest that you are using A2Billing commercially, and not just for mental exercise.

My reasons for suggesting that it does work are based on the fact that I've taken the time to test the features, and documented a good number of them, but don't take my word for it, test it yourself, and let us know how you got on, and how you did it.

Joe

Hosted Voice Broadcast