provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:55 am
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ad Hoc charges not pulling from Users Account Balance
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:55 am 

Hello Everyone,
I am not sure if I am doing something wrong and am looking for some advice... I am running A2B 1.7 with FreePBX and Asterisk 1.6.x.
When I sell a DID number, I pass along any DID setup charges from the provider. Since I have not found a decent way to automatically charge those when a DID number is assigned, I am simply billing an ad hoc charge to the customer. The problem is that the charge is not decrementing the customers account balance like the help file states. The charge never even shows up on the users account.
I would greatly appreciate any pointers to what might cause this issue.

Thanks,
Perry

Post subject: Re: Ad Hoc charges not pulling from Users Account Balance
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:46 pm 

After reading a little more I am still stuck... But I do see where this was a problem in 1.2. "Add Charge Not Working" I never saw anyone come back with a fix for it but it was confirmed as a bug. Since I am using 1.7 I would think it would be well noted by now. Any suggestions on what to look at are greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Perry

Post subject: Add Charge Not Working
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:47 pm 

Unfortunately I am still having this issue...
When I try to add a charge to a customer it does not deduct from their account. I just took my test account with $5.00 in it and charged $1.00 for DID setup charges. I went back to the test account and nothing was deducted. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks,
Perry

Post subject: Re: Ad Hoc charges not pulling from Users Account Balance
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:28 pm 

So far the only way I can deduct charges from someones account for things like DID Setup fees is to put a Negative charge to a Refill. I am not sure if that is really the correct way to do it, but it does what I need it to do.

Example:
Customer signs up and puts money in their account to cover a DID and the setup charge.
We process the payment manually and assign the DID number as if we were the customer. This takes care of the DID charge for the first month.
Now we can go in to apply a payment to the account but this time we choose -5.00 and mark it as an Extra Fee with a description of "DID Setup Charge". It seems to work fine.

Does anyone have a better (Or proper) way of doing it? If not I am going to just focus on upgrading to 1.8.5 and call this one done...
Thanks,
Perry

Hosted Voice Broadcast