Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:41 am
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sage advice request
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:21 pm 

I would like to utilize FreePBX to handle features for DID customers so I am trying to develop a configuration strategy.

My thinking is that by configuring the user as an extension, I can use all the features of the pbx, but I don't want to have them come in as an extension. I would rather have them use the DID number as the extension.

To this end, I have a couple questions for the greater group and I'm hoping for some sagely advice.

Let's presume that the DID is a US DID and that the carrier requires 1NNNNNNNNNN. Let's use 12114443333 as the DID. I've got my trunk set up to add a 1 if it's not there, or send the 1 if it is there.

Is it ok to use 12114443333 as the extension number?

Would it be better to use 2114443333?

Are there any issues that I'm not seeing? For example, I am wondering what happens if I have two customers calling one another on my system. Because the extension is the DID, would FPBX route the call directly to the other user bypassing a2billing because it sees the DID as the extension number?

Is there a better way to handle this so that the extension number is transparent to to the user, I still have pbx features (like voice mail), and is more secure?

Thanks!

VoIP Billing solution