Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:50 am
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: Invoice and balance bug?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:13 am 

Hi,
I have this scenario:
Pospaid users, using recurring DID billing $8 per month, plus the normal charge for the calls.... suppose $40 dollars on calls on the billing date, so the invoice will be for $48 dollars, but, the balance of the customer says -$40 it is negative since is a postpaid user, if the customer pays the invoice for $48, it will cause a refill on the customers account for $48 thus the balance of the customer will be +$8 for the next month.
Is it a bug? or am I missing something?

Kind regards
Christian

Post subject: Re: Invoice and balance bug?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:58 pm 

Did you ever figure this out? It's kinda of confusing as my system was initially deducting from the balance for charges but now is not when I add a charge to a customer. I did upgrade php from 5.1.6 to 5.2.10 so not sure what that changed. Also do you known if the recurring monthly DID charge is automatically applied and if so when?

Running A2B V1.7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:40 pm 

Hi tlanghals,
Yes, the recurring DID charge appears on the invoice details, but it is not charged to the customer's balance.

If someone could please point me out where is the process so I can change the behavior? I am not an expert PHP programmer but I know how to program.

Kind regards.
Christian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:48 pm 

Refer to viewtopic.php?f=33&t=7534 from my findings so far.

From my testing the monthly DID charge is applied based on the reservation date and the # of months it's been active, but I have found that the Charge also subtracts from the balance when it is applied by the a2billing_bill_diduse script. This in essence causes a double charge for postpaid customer as they are invoiced for the charge and the balance by default.

christancho wrote:
Hi,
I have this scenario:
Pospaid users, using recurring DID billing $8 per month, plus the normal charge for the calls.... suppose $40 dollars on calls on the billing date, so the invoice will be for $48 dollars, but, the balance of the customer says -$40 it is negative since is a postpaid user, if the customer pays the invoice for $48, it will cause a refill on the customers account for $48 thus the balance of the customer will be +$8 for the next month.
Is it a bug? or am I missing something?

Kind regards
Christian

From testing the account is not automatically refilled when the customer pays the invoice via PayPal. The account is auto refilled only when credit is purchased (I've verified both behaviors in the e-payment log). If you know how to change this that would be very helpful so we don't have to manually refill the customers balance on a paid invoice. The actions are performed by checkout_process.php

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:35 am 

Exactly, same here, under A2B v. 1.9.4...

Any update!!??

VoIP Billing solution