Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:24 pm
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: Wow, what a bug. All rates deleted.
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:19 pm 

Really sick bug. I can't understand how this can happen. OK, this is open source software, no one has the right to "complain", the authors are providing the software freely, free of charge and all that stuff. And they are spending a lot of time into it to provide a nice piece of software. Anyway, it's a shame that something basic and fundamental like this can happen, I just don't understand why there are so many bugs in this software. :-( It's a real shame. I wish I had the money to pay a bunch of coders to join the A2Billing dev team and build the whole thing again from scratch! Right now it's like driving with only one headlight or something like that... every corner you find some new bugs and you write them down and try to remember them and post them here hoping they are getting fixed, only to find another new bug a couple of minutes later. So, slowly I get a feeling for "this is working, this is not, on this link I can click, on this I shouldn't click, I have to do it in this order to work around the bug, if I press here I lose 1 day of work etc."

Anyway, the bug:

As admin, choose Rates, Rates, select a Ratecard, hit Search. I have e.g. 20,000 rates in this Ratecard.

Then, Filter on Dialprefix: enter something, e.g. 226 for Burkina Faso which will bring up 12 rates. Next, click on "Delete All" and a javascript thingie will prompt you: "Are you sure to delete 12 selected records?".

Click "Yes" and see all your 20,000 rates deleted.

Unbelievable.

I'm stunned.

Oh, this is on 1.9.3.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Wow, what a bug. All rates deleted.
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:30 pm 

Seems an apology is in order for all the incendiary stuff. Not true that rates are deleted.

backspace out "DIALING PREFIX" and press enter for your remaining rates.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:35 am 

Hi

Or indeed, click "Cancel Search"

Joe

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:21 pm 

vulcan wrote:
Seems an apology is in order for all the incendiary stuff. Not true that rates are deleted.

backspace out "DIALING PREFIX" and press enter for your remaining rates.

:-) Funny. "Are you sure to delete 12 selected rates?" -> "Yes" -> All 20,000 rates in that particular Ratecard deleted. Try it by yourself.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:40 pm 

Hi

I have just checked this, as I am confused by your conflicting posts, and I am not sure whether there is a problem or not

Quote:
Click "Yes" and see all your 20,000 rates deleted.

Quote:
Not true that rates are deleted.

Quote:
All 20,000 rates in that particular Ratecard deleted. Try it by yourself.

In the blue box at the top of rates, I entered a dial code into dialing Prefix, clicked search, returned some rates, pressed the red delete button, it asked me to confirm, which I did, no rates are now listed, I click the red cancel search button, all rates are shown again.

Joe

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:36 pm 

Joe,

my posts are not conflicting. The sentence "Not true that rates are deleted" was posted by user vulcan, not by me. I think I have found out what is going on:

a) This is probably how it's working fine (untested) - and I guess this is how most people are doing it:

Blue box, enter prefix, Search (returns 123 rates), Delete All, "Are you sure to delete 123 rates?". This will probably work just fine and delete only the 123 rates.

b) How I did it:

1. Blue box, leave all fields empty, choose a Ratecard, Search -> Will display all rates in that Ratecard
2. Enter prefix at "FILTER ON DIALPREFIX" (returns 123 rates), Delete All, "Are you sure to delete 123 rates?". This will wipe all rates in the ratecard.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:53 am 

Hi

Now I understand, however I would argue that the delete button is inside the blue box (AKA the search Box), it will delete all rates that you have selected in the search box.

As you opted to search on rates matching a certain rate card with no other parameters in the search box, it deleted all that you asked it to, e.g. all 20,000 rates.

You should have searched on rate and rate card in the search box before clicking delete.

What you happen to put in the filter box should be not related to the search box where deleting is concerned.

I can see that it is possible to argue how this should behave from your point of view as well, and I suppose it is a matter of programmer's decision.

However the confirmation box is clearly a bug, in my opinion, it should have told you that it was about to delete 20K records, not 123, but you could also argue that it should have only deleted 123 rates.

I'll pass it on.

Yours

Joe

VoIP Billing solution