provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:31 pm
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: Asterisk & a2billing maxcalls
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:19 pm 

Hello,
referring to previous out of date thread: viewtopic.php?p=14336 I decided to open a new thread related to the same issue...but more concret and up to date...

My question is related to the maxcalls allowed to handle by a2billing server. Dose this value is to set in asterisk.conf as maxcalls=2000 for example, or a2billing have another feature to set?

I'm facing problems that my server is dropping calls. In wholesale, I have some customers within simultaneous access accounts, where they send massive traffic, and after certain amount of simultaneous calls, my server is dropping calls in progress, reducing the ACD, dropping calls before the ACK, and also it's showing as 500, 503& 504 server unavailable for the remote providers...

I try to uncomment the maxcalls value in asterisk.conf file, and set it to 2000, but no change...

I'm running the 2 servers under Ubuntu Lucid and Natty, each one of them within is OpneVz virtualized under proxmox, having 8 vcpu/ sockets, 4096 Mg Ram and other equal as swap, so I don't guess it's a ram missing, neither sockets congestion...

I tried to check if there's a DNS resolving problem, as it may causing Jitter differences, or capacities, but my uplink is 100Mbps, and my end customers are connecting as ip host, no dns resolution in the middle...

Any idea if it's an a2billing issue which i may set up any feature, I don't see any capacity setting in the a2billing conf...

Regards,

Post subject: Re: Asterisk & a2billing maxcalls
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:41 pm 

Hi

There are no hard limits coded into A2Billing as to the number of concurrent calls.

Joe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:07 pm 

Hello,
It's appear, after testing and investigating, there's an error related to ubuntu Lucid& natty itself, I guess it come from the Proxmox template, cause I'm using Proxmox OS to virtualize containers in OpenVz. I tried the same testing with Debian template, and the same error was there...

The I retest the same installation under Centos 5, I found it more coherent to critical mission, up to 150 calls, over that, I start to drop calls giving message 503 instead of the 100 for the ACK...

Investigating into Proxmox issue, also, I have the kernel 2.6.32-4-pve, so I turn it to kernel 2.6.18-6-pve which is in theory more performed for OpenVz containers, but I still having the same error over 200 calls, sipp recieve unexpected message from the server as 503 instead of the 100...

Dose any one have such as experience by virtualizing under Proxmox?? Even, now I guess the issue go out of this forum goals...

Regards,

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:18 pm 

Hi

I have nothing to suggest as to your issues, however, a couple of questions are how much resources did you apply to the template in terms of RAM and processors, and what is the underlying machine specification.

Joe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:33 pm 

jroper wrote:
Hi

I have nothing to suggest as to your issues, however, a couple of questions are how much resources did you apply to the template in terms of RAM and processors, and what is the underlying machine specification.

Joe

I have been applied 12 vsockets for each one of this VPS, 4096 Ram, and other equal as swap, 20 GB vHd...

The Host is runing Intel® Core™ i7-920 Quadcore incl. Hyper-Threading Technology, 24 GB DDR3 Ram and 2X 1.5 TB SataII, with soft raid.. linked within 100 mbps uplink..

Regards,

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:38 pm 

Hi

Have you tested to asterisk, without A2Billing, to see where the choke point is.

Did you increase the number of concurrent connections allowed in MySQL?

Joe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:47 pm 

jroper wrote:
Hi

Have you tested to asterisk, without A2Billing, to see where the choke point is.

Did you increase the number of concurrent connections allowed in MySQL?

Joe

Indeed I'm making the sipp testing into asterisk files, no realtime here, neither a2billing interference yet, I just set the sipp testing context in extensions.file as:
Quote:
[testing]
exten => 2005,1,Answer
exten => 2005,2,SetMusicOnHold(default)
exten => 2005,3,MusicOnHold(20)
exten => 2005,4,Hangup

exten => 2002,1,Answer
exten => 2002,2,Goto(MENUCONTEXTORSIMILARCONTEXT,s,1)
exten => 2002,3,Hangup

So, the testing is going into asterisk in crude files...

Post subject: SOLVED: Asterisk & a2billing maxcalls
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:22 pm 

SOLVED...

This is to feedback, share and update the result...

First we found an error in the host power supply, which maybe caused problems into the raid, and lastly affect the containers...

Second, I had to increase maximum sockets in the OS, in Centos, I had to add to /etc/security/limits.conf by adiding:
Quote:
asterisk soft nofile 655350
asterisk hard nofile 655350
root soft nofile 655350
root hard nofile 655350

Right now my testing giving as correct 10K simultaneous calls..

But it's under Centos, NOT Ubuntu, I could understood yet, why Ubuntu kernel was causing that errors, we may retest to check and experiment more...

Regards,

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:26 pm 

Hi

With CentOS, we found that adding "echo "ulimit -n 65536" >> /etc/rc.d/rc.local" would help as well.

I don't know why you are running into difficulties with Ubuntu, it may be a similar open files issue.

Joe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:38 pm 

jroper wrote:
Hi

With CentOS, we found that adding "echo "ulimit -n 65536" >> /etc/rc.d/rc.local" would help as well.

Exactly, upgrading capability in loader, also...

Quote:
I don't know why you are running into difficulties with Ubuntu, it may be a similar open files issue.

Ubuntu issue for me smile from the Proxmox template compilation, I have to retest in clean sources, with kvm to check, I can't understand it as ubuntu fail, I suppose it as proxmox template... do you used the proxmox template? Or in KVM?

Regards.

Hosted Voice Broadcast