Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:53 am
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: Wrong digits in Dialed number
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:25 am 

I am facing following problem which is causing my calling card customers to leave:

Example: User is dialing 011 91 xxxxxxxxxxxx , now according to trunk settings It should strip off 011 and send only country code+number to carrier but many times wrong digits dial like 1 91 xxxxxxxxxx or more missing digits from the start of the string which is causing my users to hear wrong minutes/balance to particuler destination they are trying to dial. Customers are getting unhappy as they have to dial multiple time and system is working like hit or miss, meaning some times it capture proper digits and other time it doesn't. What is possible reason for this incomplete dialed digits and how I can fix it?

Post subject: Re: Wrong digits in Dialed number
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:21 pm 

Some one can please help me? I have noticed that if i dial a number while the IVR is running and telling me the amount i have in my calling card account and if i start punching the destination numbers it misses the fist few digits. But at second time after a pause IVR again comes back and asking to re-enter digits. This time it takes all the digits with no problem. But this should not be the way as usually customers don't wait till ivr ends and they start dialing number soon they hear that balance announcement. Anyway can shed some light on this issue and how i can resolve it?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:10 pm 

Check and investigate DTMF delivery.

Joe

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:23 pm 

Tahnks for your response. I have tested ivr using multiple DID's with different carriers. all has same issue. It's not the carrier side as I complained them and they denied it due to digit capture their end.

Looks like it's the a2billing issue becuase when ivr prompts to enter digits 2nd time after failing first time then it goes fine and all digits receives ok.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:26 pm 

How we can fix this DTMF issue? is there are settings in a2billing? but again, how come it works in second attempt?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:28 pm 

The issue is in the underlying Asterisk, not in A2Billing. You need to investigate this with your carrier and ensure you have settings to suit your DID provider.

Joe

Predictive Dialer