provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:37 am
Voice Broadcast System

All times are UTC

Post subject: Prepayment BILLING Invoice Generated with unpaid status
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:04 am 

Hello all,
Under v. 1.9.4 where all customers are into prepayment service, every month the invoices are generated and sent to customers as unpaid, meanwhile the service is prepayment, and it's already charged from accounts, but status still showing unpaid.

Even, if a customer login into the portal, and try to use paypal to pay the invoice, menawhile he have available balance, but paypal is addiding refile to the account, but not changing the invoice status, unless we do change that from the admin side.

I'm not finding any configuration for the confid, do I'm missing some configuration, or this is a bug?

Regards,

Post subject: Re: Prepayment BILLING Invoice Generated with unpaid status
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:40 pm 

I personally disabled the invoices for prepaid accounts (don't need it). It also creates too much clutter in the DB if mostly what you have are prepaid calling cards on the system. There should be an option to specify which groups are invoiced.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:11 pm 

vulcan wrote:
I personally disabled the invoices for prepaid accounts (don't need it). It also creates too much clutter in the DB if mostly what you have are prepaid calling cards on the system. There should be an option to specify which groups are invoiced.

Thanks for your prompt vulcan, but it's not the issue here, as we're doing prepaid service, not calling card, neither postpaid... so, invoices are necessary for us, they are properly handled, but the only issue they are showing the status as unpaid, meanwhile the card is prepaid, and the are duely charged against the account, so we're reciving several support tickets, why the invoice is showing unpaid!!

Regards,

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:45 am 

Let me correct what I said earlier: It was the receipts, not invoices that were cluttering the database for the PREPAID card accounts.

I had a look at the code just today and it appears invoices should only be generated when customer is POSTPAID and balance is less than 0 or when there is a charge and there is not enough credit to cover it such as billing for DID and credit is low.

Meaning that if the account is PREPAID and balance is positive then no invoice is generated only a receipt. This makes sense logically, because you generally only want to invoice when you are owed money.

The question then is, why are invoices being generated for prepaid accounts with positive balances? Can you or anyone say for certain this is the case, because I am not seeing this.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:06 am 

vulcan wrote:
Let me correct what I said earlier: It was the receipts, not invoices that were cluttering the database for the PREPAID card accounts.

I had a look at the code just today and it appears invoices should only be generated when customer is POSTPAID and balance is less than 0 or when there is a charge and there is not enough credit to cover it such as billing for DID and credit is low.

Meaning that if the account is PREPAID and balance is positive then no invoice is generated only a receipt. This makes sense logically, because you generally only want to invoice when you are owed money.

The question then is, why are invoices being generated for prepaid accounts with positive balances? Can you or anyone say for certain this is the case, because I am not seeing this.

Hi Vulcan,
As far as I know, and understand, the scenario is other...
Recepts: They are generated agains refiles to certify the balance purchase into the system, so receipt don't show any charge in the account, the show only the refile.
Invoice: As I don't use post paiy, excuse me, I have no idea, but for prepaid, invoices are showing the total expenses of the account into the billing cycle, including calls summary, DIDs, and other charges. It's necessary, as customers need an invoice for there taxes and accountancy issues, it's correct, but what's NOT correct that this invoice is being generated with status unpaid.

Other issue, as the status is showing unpaid, even, when the customer have balance, and as the service is prepaid, so calls are already being billed and charged... but when a customer go to his panel, and try to pay that invoice, vía paypal, for example, it's going to generate the payment order, the refile, but it's not changing the status as already paid, and customer have to call us, and we need to go to do it manually from the admin siad, to change the satatus... so 2 troubles here, the status, and the payment processing... The second it's not affecting us seriously, as if the first would be solve, cusomter don't need to go to pay it...

Correct me, if I'm misundetrstanding... :)

Regards,

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:17 pm 

You are correct in your points.

It's been some time since I made local changes to invoices/receipts and I have not fully revisited issue. The quirks you described are happening.

Sorry was not much help. Maybe later for a solution if time permits.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:25 pm 

Hi Guys, any update in this issue?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:25 am 

I individually impaired the receipts for pre-paid records (don't need it). It also makes too much mess in the DB if mostly what you have are pre-paid phone credit cards on the program. There should be an choice to specify which categories are invoiced.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:10 pm 

I think invoices are created when the balance is less than the current charge, weather the balance is positive or not

Hosted Voice Broadcast