Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 am
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ideas: tech prefix for route selection
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:39 pm 

We run a2b for a few years now, and offer different quality routes to our customers...they prefix the number dialled with a certain prefix, and this then select a ratecard matching that prefix...some routes have onward cli, some dont etc..
i.e 2933 for a premium route, uk call 4420 (london) become 29334420

To achieve this, we add the prefix to the ratecard as
So that it matches. But it feel stupid, and where our business has different customers with different requirements, sometimes we upload the same ratecard multiple times...once without extra prefixes...once with...and if we offer 3 routes..that makes for 6 ratecards...and so on...stupid.

What I have thought of, is the DNID field.

My idea is as follows
use asterisk diaplan (it seems sip customers their calling number and dnid is the same, at least it is so in my a2b cdr)
so asterisk dialplan.
(pseudo)
if callednumber begins with 2933 or 2932 or 2931, set dnid as 2933 or 2932 or 2931
remove 2933 or 2932 or 2931 from called number
go to a2b

a2b would then have the tech prefix as dnid...and the ratecard could then be selected based on this...

Then, when we create ratecards, we can use the dnid field in a2b to "assign" a prefix to this ratecard.

I would need assistance on the diaplan, as I have no clue here at all.
But if this is resolved, then I believe this is an easy way to use a2b for rate quality/route tech prefix selection. The current method of prefixing the ratecard works, but is
1) cumbersome
2) the prefix+dialled numbers shows up in customer cdr.

Post subject: Re: Ideas: tech prefix for route selection
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:12 pm 

We too have a similar issue. We have the default rate cards which are voice based, and use whatever codec it wants. For fax/data, we need to send out via specific trunks, which have certain carriers, with ulaw only for data and t38 capabilities for the fax calls. The fax calls have a prefix of 777, and use 555 for data. I would want a way of removing the prefix from displaying on the call records, so that we don't need to re-write all of our billing rates to match. We already strip before dialing, perhaps a way of adding a field "asdialed" and have an option to show the "asdialed" versus the "customerdialednumber".

Carlos.

Voice Broadcast System