provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:42 am
Voice Broadcast System

All times are UTC

Post subject: CallerID and Follow-me Issues
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:41 am 

Hi,

I am confused with Caller ID and the way A2Billing Authenticates. I have read about this issue, in this documentation --> http://trac.asterisk2billing.org/cgi-bi ... stCallerID

But, My problem is:

Each of the account under my a2b are connected via IAX2 or SIP trunking to different peers, which are IP Phones, Other PBX Elastix Servers, and other devices.

Now for those PBX accounts, we have follow-me features on, so if the extension doesn't answer within 10seconds, it goes to the cellphone of that user. The problem is with the CallerID in this case, since the account is locked to only specific CallerID(s), how can I pass the callerid of the real caller, not the callerid of the account?

Is there anyway to open the callerID on some accounts, so they can send any CallerID out?

I am sure I am not the only one who uses follow-me or ring groups to external numbers and having this issue.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ali.

Post subject: Re: CallerID and Follow-me Issues
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:03 am 

Hi

The endpoint can set the callerID. So if you leave the caller ID blank , and have your endpoint set it, then the caller ID will be passed through unmolested.

Note for Asterisk based endpoints, you will need the directives trustrpid and sendrpid.

Joe

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:30 pm 

jroper wrote:
Hi

The endpoint can set the callerID. So if you leave the caller ID blank , and have your endpoint set it, then the caller ID will be passed through unmolested.

Note for Asterisk based endpoints, you will need the directives trustrpid and sendrpid.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Like always, many thanks for your reply.

The problem is, I have already set trustrpid=yes and sendrpid=yes in my IAX2 trunking on the asterisk endpoint.

On my VoIP Settings, in IAX trunking, if I delete the CallerID the calls will not go through, and they will hangup.

Is CID Number important in this case? Please help me through this as I am stuck....

Thanks,
Ali.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:39 pm 

Hi

If you leave the caller ID field blank in A2Billing VoIP settings, then the callerID will be set by the calling party.

Joe

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:21 am 

jroper wrote:
Hi

If you leave the caller ID field blank in A2Billing VoIP settings, then the callerID will be set by the calling party.

Joe

Joe,

So there is something not right on my end, because I did that, and still it is not working.

Here is what I have:

Trunk Setting on my PBX end point:

Peer Details:
host=my.a2billing.server
username=the-username
secret=the-secret
type=peer
dtmfmode=RFC2833
qualify=yes
disallow=all
allow=g729
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes

USER Context: the-username

secret=the-secret
type=user
context=from-trunk

Register String: the-username:[email protected]

And on my a2billing, under VoIP Settings, for this IAX2 trunking, I have:

NAME: the_username
ACCOUNT CODE: the_username
REGEXTEN: the_username
AMAFLAGS: billing
SECRET: the-secret
QUALIFY: no
DISALLOW: all
ALLOW: ulaw,alaw,gsm,g729
HOST: dynamic
CONTEXT: from-internal
REGSECONDS: 0
TYPE: friend
TRUNK: yes
REQUITE CALL TOKEN: no

Anything else, is empty.

Also, in the main menu, there is a sub-menu underneath VoIP Settigs, called: "Caller-ID" (which goes to: Public/A2B_entity_callerid.php?atmenu=callerid&section=1) that should also be empty or what? In the documentation it says leave it empty for account code authentication, rather than caller id, but when I leave that empty, and have no caller id for that account, the calls will not go through.

Can you clarify the different between the Caller-ID menu and the caller-id field under VoIP Settings?

Thanks,
Ali.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:30 am 

Hi

The caller ID menu is about allowing pinless authentication for calling cards on the basis of the caller ID.

The Caller ID sip and iax directive is about setting the caller ID for onwards delivery to your carrier, providing they support it.

Joe

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:47 am 

jroper wrote:
Hi

The caller ID menu is about allowing pinless authentication for calling cards on the basis of the caller ID.

The Caller ID sip and iax directive is about setting the caller ID for onwards delivery to your carrier, providing they support it.

Joe

So which I should be playing around with? My provider allows me to set any caller id. And what my goal is to have OPEN caller id, for SOME accounts, so those follow-me features would work.

As I said, without the Caller ID menu, my calls don't go to a2b server, so how can I have this?

My settings under VoIP Settings are correct?

What am I doing wrong that when I leave the caller id in the IAX directive empty, it does not let the call go through...??

Thanks,
Ali.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:07 am 

Any hint on this?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:42 am 

Hello,

Guys I don't mean to be stupid or something, but it just didn't work the way Joe suggested me.

Taking off CallerID from the account, will not let call go through, but on the other hand, there must be a way to leave the callerid use any callerid, in case the client is a provider or something.

But more importantly, follow-me and stuff not working. Or, if I have my call-forwarding on the phone to forward all calls to my cell, then I see the account number, rather than the real caller number....

:( :( :(

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Ali.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:08 am 

Hi

Without a clearer picture of your installation, I cannot advise, however, do a search on FreePBX and A2Billing integration in these forums, and using accountcode to authenticate rather than the CallerID.

Joe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:01 pm 

Let me explain how I am doing follow-me and call forwarding

With a2billing I am doing three things, calling cards, sip/iax connectivity via PBX and trixbox-type VoIP service, each with its own agi-conf
Forget about the calling card part of business because that isn't applicable to what you need
For the people who interconnect via PBX, well, everything is set up on their end. They can change their caller ID all they want; as long as they are going through my trunk they are being billed for international calls. If this is not working for you I can post an example of my agi-conf for that context
As for VoIP service, I have a separate box (trixbox) that I use for that stuff. I send incoming calls straight to trixbox, outbound calls via a2billing in order to take advantage of least cost routing and special routing. Normally, the extension number is the 10 digit telephone number of the customer, so in a2billing I just add that 10 digit number to the customer's Caller ID and everything works from there. However, call forwarding and follow me will not work. If only we could utilize the "accountcode" part of FreePBX for this, but it will only work if a2billing and freepbx are on the same exact server. Because this isn't the case, I created two outbound routes in the following order:

CF-Intl
CF-USA

For the "intl" trunk I have this entered, and all the calls are going through the default zap trunk (which generates all circuits are busy)

Code:
1242NXXXXXX
1246NXXXXXX
1264NXXXXXX
1268NXXXXXX
1284NXXXXXX
1340NXXXXXX
1345NXXXXXX
1441NXXXXXX
1473NXXXXXX
1649NXXXXXX
1664NXXXXXX
1670NXXXXXX
1671NXXXXXX
1684NXXXXXX
1721NXXXXXX
1758NXXXXXX
1767NXXXXXX
1784NXXXXXX
1787NXXXXXX
1808NXXXXXX
1809NXXXXXX
1829NXXXXXX
1849NXXXXXX
1868NXXXXXX
1876NXXXXXX
1907NXXXXXX
1939NXXXXXX
1NXX555XXXX
242NXXXXXX
246NXXXXXX
264NXXXXXX
268NXXXXXX
284NXXXXXX
340NXXXXXX
345NXXXXXX
441NXXXXXX
473NXXXXXX
649NXXXXXX
664NXXXXXX
670NXXXXXX
671NXXXXXX
684NXXXXXX
721NXXXXXX
758NXXXXXX
767NXXXXXX
784NXXXXXX
787NXXXXXX
808NXXXXXX
809NXXXXXX
829NXXXXXX
849NXXXXXX
868NXXXXXX
876NXXXXXX
907NXXXXXX
939NXXXXXX
NXX555XXXX
X11

For the USA trunk I just have the regular NXXNXXXXXX and 1NXXNXXXXXX inputted there.
After these first two routes comes the a2billing routes
Next step is to create a context. Since I want to give everyone local X11 and 7 digit dialing capabilities, I create a context for every area code. Here's an example of area code 212

Code:
[from-212]
exten => _XXXXXXX,1,noop(${EXTEN})
exten => _XXXXXXX,n,set(EXTEN=212${EXTEN})
exten => _XXXXXXX,n,goto(from-internal,${exten},1)

include => from-user

exten => 211,1,Dial(IAX2/A2Billing/12126399675)
exten => 211,2,Hangup

exten => 311,1,Dial(IAX2/A2Billing/12126399675)
exten => 311,2,Hangup

exten => 511,1,Dial(IAX2/A2Billing/18776905116)
exten => 511,2,Hangup

exten => 711,1,Dial(IAX2/A2Billing/18004211220)
exten => 711,2,Hangup

exten => 811,1,Dial(IAX2/A2Billing/18002724480)
exten => 811,2,Hangup

[from-user]
;This stuff MUST be in the correct order if you want this to be done correctly

include => from-internal-additional-custom
include => from-internal-custom
include => ext-group
include => ext-local
include => ext-group
include => ext-findmefollow
include => fmgrps
include => ext-queues

;include => outbound-allroutes-custom
;include => outrt-001-CF-Intl
;include => outrt-002-CF-USA
include => outrt-003-Emergency
include => outrt-004-International
include => outrt-005-USA
include => outrt-006-NY_PBX
exten => foo,1,Noop(bar)

include => from-internal

Fix up the outrt stuff according to your trunks. To get the outrt numbers, take a look at extensions_additional.conf. My outrt #s 3, 4 and 5 all go to the a2billing trunk. The last one is just for 611 dialing.
Make sure the top two trunks and outbound-allroutes-custom are commented out. This means that outbound calls will not go through these trunks.
Now you need to set the context per each extension to from-718 in this case.

Why is this going to work?
Out of the box, FreePBX only listens to the "context" definition when a call is physically placed from that extension. If you set up call forwarding, follow-me, or even do the built-in transfer that FreePBX gives you, it will automatically use the from-internal context. Although this isn't something good when setting restrictions, in our case it is 100% useful and never had a problem. Only disadvantage is that you cannot do LCR within USA with this setup, but then again how often are people setting up follow-me and call forward? I only have three customers doing follow-me and the average customer only does 1,500 minutes a month. If I am charging them $26.95 for unlimited divided by 1,500 minutes, that's almost 1.8 cents per minute that I am theoretically "charging" them. I am using tiered termination and it is very hard to get to 1.8 cents per minute, you need to be calling a VERY rural town.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:17 pm 

Hi. From when jroper suggested this shold work fine for you. I have several Freepbx/asterisk installs that are using my main server. In the voip settings, simply leave the callerid section blank. All your other settings don't need to be changed at all. i've had this working for over a year now...

Auto Dialer Software