Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:34 am
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject: Simultaneous Access Limits
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:57 pm 

Hey trying to understand flow of simultaneous access. Could Areski or someone please confirm the following:

a) Is it correct that each instance of a call on an account has his %timeout% calculated by balance / rate ?

b) Wouldn't this mean on simultaneous access, callers could go negative in balance if subsequent calls were made while balance still exists?

c) cid-callback appears to have a similar issue in that when the callback is made the %timeout% is for the callback leg, and then when the 2nd call (normal) is made, that call is again calculated only on balance / rate, instead of balance / (rate callback + rate normal) ?

Thanks, KK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:09 pm 

i dont know how it's logic work in a2b, but i want to share how the voipjet do the "Simultaneous Access Limits".
i'll copy/paste from his site:
Quote:
Does the same account allow for simultaneous calls?
Yes. Here's how it works: Say you have a balance of ten (10) dollars. When your first call comes in, two hours worth of credit is temporarily frozen. So, if you are calling a destination that costs 2 cents a minute, that means $2.40 (2 cents/min x 120 minutes) has been frozen in your account. This leaves $7.60 available for another simultaneous call. When that second call comes in, more of your balance is frozen. You can keep making simultaneous calls so long as your effective balance is above zero. When calls are completed, the balance that was frozen is released and once again available for use. If you have a low balance, there's no sense in letting many simultaneous calls go through, only to have them all disconnect at the same time when your balance hits zero (what most carriers do).

may be will help for something.

Last edited by anonymous_a on Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:23 am 

IN a2b

simultaneous access mean all calls get authorized for Balance / rate (high risky).
it's good idea a to set min credit to make call to 5 / 10 / 20 / 50 depend on your users

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:22 am 

Mohan, the item I am looking at in particular is CID-callback. In this item, I feel that the %timeout% should be Balance / (A-leg + B-leg) ... or even better yet .. Balance - Aleg / (A-leg + B-leg) ... this is because the first leg will be on for almost a minute before B gets connected and would get you closer to %timeout% truly representing the time that would give the call to a zero value afterwards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:16 am 

I haven't taken a look at this too closely yet, but if we want to implement a solution like what voipjet did, how would we do it in a2b?

-Chris

Hosted Voice Broadcast