Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 pm
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject: Friends & Family
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:18 pm 

OK - I think EVERYONE will LOVE this idea ... just how do we implement it will be the question.

Background info: Most of us have or are trying or implementing a Vonage type of package for our customers. But some of us have problems especially with international free minute packages where they try to use the service for business or call shop where they go WAY OVER on minutes and ABUSE the system. This makes it hard to make money and to control who are legitimate customers and which ones are just abusers.

Answer: Friends & Family. I've seen mobile companies do it here. How it works is you get to have say 5 numbers (or how many every you deem max) and you enter those numbers to your friends & family list. Then the package works like you can call those people as much as you want for free. Other calls come out of a bucket if you have a bucket plan.

Example: Friends & Family (5) + 200 USA = $14.95/month. This would sell the customer a DID plus 5 USA terminating numbers he gets to dial for free. In addition any numbers outside F&F come out of his 200 minute bucket. After which he dials for normal billing rate.

What this accomplishes: NO MORE ABUSE. If someone does this plan, they are almost definitely a home user that we are looking for.

What you guys think? You like/hate ? Suggestions on how to implement?

Post subject: Re: Friends & Family
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:12 pm 

krzykat wrote:
OK - I think EVERYONE will LOVE this idea ... just how do we implement it will be the question.

:clap: :mrgreen2:

My €5c : Implement a 'friends' table, which will refer to the cc_card and will store the friends' usernames. We need to modify the rate engine so that it looks the table and applies a special rate (not always 0.0 but settable).
Customers will be able to select themselves the 'friends'. They will have to know and enter the correct usernames of others (careful not to reveal personal info).
This way, when card A declares B as a friend, B won't necessarily have A as friend. This is the standard behavior in most other companies.

Auto Dialer Software