Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:05 pm 

Don't worry, I definitely know who you are :D
There is not much person making donation so I use to not forget them :roll:

** Testing the new callback, that's the last point before the new release **
Rgds, Areski

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:50 pm 

Thanks for the tips sodown. That might be it. I will look into it. I have also notice that sometimes, e-mails can take hours or days before reaching my gmail account.

Asiby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:45 pm 

Guys, Areski has been working hard on this - the new TRAC software and the SVN are pretty cool.

To say you WILL rewrite the whole thing from scratch ... I think you should be a little patient and wait for the new release which should be soon. It almost feels like a complete rewrite - some big changes.

Also - the project is 100% open source - there's nothing hidden - about the only complaint one could issue is the lack of documentation (programmers like to program, but hate to document) and a lack of the SVN / Trac that will be coming in the next release.

The WIKI was setup for about a year that allowed people to document as detailed as they want ... still as he say's ... little was done.

I don't know Asiby ... maybe just the way the words came across, but I took them as a negative against what Areski and others have done. Hey - if it weren't for his efforts, you wouldn't have a guidemap and direction to improve it. Hopefully you will see the new code, like some, hate some (which we can all now help to mod and make better), and have some new stuff (that again can be put up for all to use).

Post subject: Good going
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:31 am 

Hey guys.Have just been reading the posts and things seemed quite tense for sec. At the end of the day, Areski has done an excellent job in getting this far and I am sure most people agree.

I believe Asiby is correct in providing constructive critisism as this is the only way forward. The only thing is that feedback should be structured in a way as not to offend anyone. Not to say that Asiby gave this impression, but in general lets start off with a compliment and good feedback, then provide the constructive feedback and ed on a good note. I call it the hamburger approach ;). Any way thats just my 2 cent

Anyway, I would like to personally thank Areski, who has always answered my mails :), as well as commend and thank Asiby who unselfishly has offered his services and expertise.

When I look at other open source projects comming together with the work of various great minds I wonder how far this project would go and at what pace. Areski is one of those with the rare talents that are able to develope a complex solution and keep it stable.

I was just thinking, 2 Areskis, in Areski and Asiby, are better than one and even better is three and four areskis (with maybe the measly complaint or two from nobodies like me to help spur them on ;) )

All in all... I am happy that things are going forward with the project and appeal to asoby not to be dispondent as with time things will fall into place.

Well...sorry for the soppy stories...Its time to get down to the nitty gritty and start ripping heads off chickens....Just kidding!

Keep well all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:19 pm 

Hello everybody,

Thank for your comments. I would mostly like apologize to Areski and everyone out there who was offended by my comments. I didn't mean to offend anyone, especially Areski :oops:

Areski, can you tell us is SMS Callback is already implemented in you next release? I wouldn't want to start creating that feature if it is already done.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:03 am 

not my buisiness, but i think you 2 should exchange your messenger, and or phone number (the sip uri of course :p )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:49 pm 

And he rises from the grave.....well the depths of darkness at least :twisted:

Great to hear that you want to contribute, i too offer contributions to a2b (haven't lately...sorry folks...but yeah...) To say that you will re-write a2b is a tall order....this is a VERY large and complex application and it would take quite some time to rewrite it from scratch without copying many of areski's ALREADY IMPLEMENTED ideas....

With that said, i think you should team up with areski.....granted he may not get to ALL emails, he's human too give him a break, but i don't ever recall receiving any emails from you.....and i would like to think that you have seen a few of my "patches" across the forums....right :roll:

Well feel free to contact me....i can help out a bit on the questions, and don't tell me you can't contact me.....look below :roll:

Auto Dialer Software