Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:43 pm
Voice Broadcast System

All times are UTC

Post subject: Performance Issues Degradation After 6 Calls
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:31 am 

I am using Asterisk and A2billing Calling Card Platform and after the 6th call the quality starts to degrade. The way it set up is the user calls into the system then dial out so I have 12 channels being used up but 6 active calls. Here are my specs Asterisk SVN-branch-1.4-r79142 on a i686 running Linux Fedora 6, Pentium 4 Hyper-Threading, 64 bit, 1GB of RAM, 80 GB Sata Drive, bandwidth 4 Mbps (1300GB/Throughput) burstable to 100Mbps.

I am planning on upgrading to Intel Core 2 Duo with a clock speed of 1.8GHZ and 2GB Ram. Does anyone have similar situation or advice? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:36 pm 

I'm running 40 calls on a plain old 3ghz PC without any issues. Sounds like a bandwidth issue (OK have 4 BB connections though)

1GB of ram is not enough, go to at least 2 and preferably 4. Power is not your problem. Disk swap probably is. Adding more power is not usually the answer, but this sounds like a basic installation problem not covered on this forum. One of my servers is handling 100 simultaneous calls at around a 5% load. But then again I have a terabit of bandwidth :)

Couple of points though. Why are you running a svn version of *? I;ve not gone beyond 1.4.8 But heck we're getting into asterisk issues here. A2B is not the issue.

regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:01 am 

Thanks for the response. I read on Digium that Internal testing with dual IntelĀ® Xeon 1.8GHz processors allowed 60 concurrent G.729 calls. Dual Xeon 2.8GHz processors allowed 80 concurrent G.729 calls.

My next build is the core 2 duo and when they say 60 concurrently. Does it mean that I can run 60 active calls with 120 channels. for 1 active call I use 2 channels because the caller calls in then dials out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:53 am 

I consider one call one which has two call legs, but asterisk is handling the call through. Asterisk is limited where it is the end point. Transcoding hurts as well. To that end my call centers do the conversion to gsm and talk to my servers with gsm, then I transcode to Alaw to maintain the quality as I have have a generous bandwidth allowance.

regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:15 pm 

Thanks middletn. Do you use a raid on your hard disk? If yes is it software or hardware.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:07 pm 

Hardware raid on the main server, no raid at all on the slaves. They point to the main server for MYSQL, though the db is relicated back locally in case the main server fails. Asterisk is pretty much memory based. It's really only A2B that is io heavy.

regards

Auto Dialer Software