provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:58 am
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject: Free Calls and SMS Project with with A2B
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:15 am 

Hello Forum,

today i want to share with you our new approach for free telephony and sms.

We use Asterisk2Billing for our Callback and Callthrough services since 2 years now. We made several little adjustments to fit our needs, which was very easy to do (thanks to the great and structered code of A2B )

Now we implemented a new project on http://www.bee-talk.com
The differnence is basically the missing payments of the users and the integration of A2B.
We developed a small API for several functions (for example "Creating new users", "Creditcheck", "Initiate Callback", ...)
Forthermore we added support for sending SMS. which we integrated in our Call History to keep track on the profit.

This allowed us to make a complete independent website, which works on his own server without A2B, which runs on another machine. All call, sms an user functions are connected via our API with Requests.
With this technique we were able to implement the function directly in our websute and we think, that we improved the security of the A2B machine as it's on a seperate server.

Why is everything free. The concept is easy. We used a monetization partner to offer commercial ads like polls and stuff. If the users do these offers they get "Call Points". With these Call Points you can call or write sms for free.

The website started quite good in the german market and we are looking forward to the next months to see how it goes...

I'm would be happy to get feedback from you guys...
Cheers :beer2:

Post subject: Re: Free Calls and SMS Project with with A2B
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:57 pm 

Hi there,

Interesting idea. The only issue I can see is the reliability of these polls. I mean if a user is lured into filling a survey he'll be tempted to fill it in minimum time, often pressing the first option that comes through and finish it so that he can have his free call. A serious user would ofcourse provide a better and reliable survey report.

Btw I wanted to ask you about your experience of asterisk itself. I am on the brink of kicking off a calling solution myself. Can you please share your experience of Asterisk combined with A2billing? I mean how did you find it in terms of call drops, system down time, call quality etc.

Good luck with your new project.

Regards,
Maverick.

sschluet wrote:
Hello Forum,

today i want to share with you our new approach for free telephony and sms.

We use Asterisk2Billing for our Callback and Callthrough services since 2 years now. We made several little adjustments to fit our needs, which was very easy to do (thanks to the great and structered code of A2B )

Now we implemented a new project on http://www.bee-talk.com
The differnence is basically the missing payments of the users and the integration of A2B.
We developed a small API for several functions (for example "Creating new users", "Creditcheck", "Initiate Callback", ...)
Forthermore we added support for sending SMS. which we integrated in our Call History to keep track on the profit.

This allowed us to make a complete independent website, which works on his own server without A2B, which runs on another machine. All call, sms an user functions are connected via our API with Requests.
With this technique we were able to implement the function directly in our websute and we think, that we improved the security of the A2B machine as it's on a seperate server.

Why is everything free. The concept is easy. We used a monetization partner to offer commercial ads like polls and stuff. If the users do these offers they get "Call Points". With these Call Points you can call or write sms for free.

The website started quite good in the german market and we are looking forward to the next months to see how it goes...

I'm would be happy to get feedback from you guys...
Cheers :beer2:

Hosted Voice Broadcast