Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:51 am
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject: Successsfull 500+ calls with a2billing (Going for 1000+ now)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:43 am 

Hello, I feel very happy to announce that our deployment of a2billing with asterisk was a complete success. Our aim was to handle 500 Concurrent calls on 1 server where as MySQL, and Asterisk both running on the same server. We were able to achieve our target of 500+ calls. The server load was around 2% and it looks like the machine was more than happy to through more calls. We are going to do a test next week for 1000+ calls and hope to get it through. Take a look at the attached file.

Some thoughts about the setup:
Custom compiled asterisk with no unnecessary functions and apps. We are not using any transcoding at all (Though we will test it next week also). A2billing was also heavily modified in order to only perform wholesale call termination functions. All the calling card, did etc related code was removed. We also used memcache which greatly increased the performance. All asterisk and a2billing logging was completely turned off.

Thumbs up for the excellent work and hope to see more power of opensource in future :D

-G

Attachments:
546.png
546.png [ 23.08 KiB | Viewed 19030 times ]

Post subject: Re: Successsfull 500+ calls with a2billing (Going for 1000+ now)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:41 pm 

Goni wrote:
Hello, I feel very happy to announce that our deployment of a2billing with asterisk was a complete success. Our aim was to handle 500 Concurrent calls on 1 server where as MySQL, and Asterisk both running on the same server. We were able to achieve our target of 500+ calls. The server load was around 2% and it looks like the machine was more than happy to through more calls. We are going to do a test next week for 1000+ calls and hope to get it through. Take a look at the attached file.

Custom compiled asterisk with no unnecessary functions and apps. We are not using any transcoding at all (Though we will test it next week also). A2billing was also heavily modified in order to only perform wholesale call termination functions. All the calling card, did etc related code was removed. We also used memcache which greatly increased the performance. All asterisk and a2billing logging was completely turned off.

Thumbs up for the excellent work and hope to see more power of opensource in future :D

-G

Grats on 500! Did you manage 1000?

I'm very interested in hearing more about this project! I'm looking into doing pretty much the same myself - strip most functionality to gain performance and make things simpler.

Any chance you're willing to share your experiences with the project?

- Icky

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:39 pm 

ickmund wrote:
Goni wrote:

-G

Grats on 500! Did you manage 1000?

I'm very interested in hearing more about this project! I'm looking into doing pretty much the same myself - strip most functionality to gain performance and make things simpler.

Any chance you're willing to share your experiences with the project?

- Icky

No we did not tested yet more calls. We got busy with few cosmetic issues. The big test is going to be next week sometime but not yet confirmed yet. I will post out my specs later this week. But so far, things are going very well. We are into production for a few sites and really happy with the performance.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:13 pm 

Goni wrote:
No we did not tested yet more calls. We got busy with few cosmetic issues. The big test is going to be next week sometime but not yet confirmed yet. I will post out my specs later this week. But so far, things are going very well. We are into production for a few sites and really happy with the performance.

Hello, were you able to finish this test? I want to have a setup for 1000+ calls, I currently have one server which I have tested with 350 calls, I don't know how much more it can handle.

I have a Dell server with Intel Xeon quad core 2.8 GHz processor and 4 GB RAM running on Ubuntu server 11.04 x86_64 kernel.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:12 pm 

anyone has a new updates?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:39 pm 

If you compile Asterisk from scratch with only the minimalistic modules enabled, 1000 calls can be achievable. I am assuming you will go for a separate Web/DB server and the server will need to be really good like Dual Quad Core Xeon. And of course do not forget to set ulimits.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:41 am 

DefLeppard wrote:
Goni wrote:

Hello, were you able to finish this test? I want to have a setup for 1000+ calls, I currently have one server which I have tested with 350 calls, I don't know how much more it can handle.

I have a Dell server with Intel Xeon quad core 2.8 GHz processor and 4 GB RAM running on Ubuntu server 11.04 x86_64 kernel.

No, we did not performed any more testing with a2billing. Instead vBilling got evolved :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:50 am 

Any news for this 1000+ calls? Server specs being used and mods?

TIA

Hosted Voice Broadcast