Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:54 am
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: callback daemon. no such file or directory
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:55 pm 

Hi All. I just got stuck and i will be grateful for a bail out. I am using Trixbox2.2.4 and successfully added the a2billing. This works like a charm after correcting for the voice prompt aka Revision 31 and making minor changes to get dtmf processed properly by my trunks/inbound routes.Trying to add and activate the callback daemon is proving to be harder than assumed; i am following the Revision 195 route.I have done all that was asked till pear install-- deps SOAP -0.9.4 .I was able to succesfully install it although i had to upgrade to pear 1.6.2 before i could do that . It had earlier rejected my most polite request to install.It installed everything except Net_Dime. I then tried to complete installation by using mkdir/ var/ lib asterisk/a2billing. This was created. I then tried to# copy the callback-daemon, and i get ; cp: cannot stat 'callback-daemon'.No such file or directory. End of story.I am busy biting my nails in anxiety and fustration. Can someone pls,pls help. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: callback daemon. no such file or directory
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:45 am 

oka61 wrote:
I then tried to# copy the callback-daemon, and i get ; cp: cannot stat 'callback-daemon'.No such file or directory.
You need to be in the 'CallBack' folder when you run the 'cp' command:
Code:
stavros@hotdog ~/asterisk2billing/branches/1.3/CallBack $ ls
callback-daemon
stavros@hotdog ~/asterisk2billing/branches/1.3/CallBack $ cp -rf callback-daemon /var/lib/asterisk/a2billing/
stavros@hotdog ~/asterisk2billing/branches/1.3/CallBack $

Post subject: Re:callback- daemon. no such file or directory
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:16 am 

stavros wrote:
You need to be in the 'CallBack' folder when you run the 'cp' command:
Code:
stavros@hotdog ~/asterisk2billing/branches/1.3/CallBack $ ls
callback-daemon
stavros@hotdog ~/asterisk2billing/branches/1.3/CallBack $ cp -rf callback-daemon /var/lib/asterisk/a2billing/
stavros@hotdog ~/asterisk2billing/branches/1.3/CallBack $

Hi and thanks for the reply. I have Winscp running on my system and i checked .I could not find this elusive callback folder. The closest to it was in var/lib/asterisk/bin; a file(script) for callback which has its roots in freepbx.
Could you point me in the right direction? Many thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:05 am 

It's in the A2B distribution, ie the folder you installed A2B from after extracting the tarball.

Post subject: callback daemon.no such file or directory
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:28 pm 

stavros wrote:
It's in the A2B distribution, ie the folder you installed A2B from after extracting the tarball.

Hi. Many thanks for the follow up. Since i am using a trixbox 2.2.4 and it is a fresh install, i decided to do the scripted trixbox install ;no need for the download tarball/extraction process .
Just in case, i have rechecked directory tree using Winscp again, i cannot find the callback folder lurking anywhere.Any pointer to retriving this folder from where its hiding/missing? Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: callback daemon.no such file or directory
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:45 pm 

oka61 wrote:
i decided to do the scripted trixbox install ;no need for the download tarball/extraction process .
A brief look at the script shows it will extract the A2B source to /usr/local/src/a2billing-v1-3-Beta (why is it still using the beta?!?!), so you should find the Callback folder there.

Post subject: Re: A brief look at the
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:58 am 

stavros wrote:
oka61 wrote:
i decided to do the scripted trixbox install ;no need for the download tarball/extraction process .
A brief look at the script shows it will extract the A2B source to /usr/local/src/a2billing-v1-3-Beta (why is it still using the beta?!?!), so you should find the Callback folder there.

Thanks a million! that has been sorted out but on trying to start the service, no dice! I get "can't call method "val" on an undefined value at var/lib/asterisk/a2billing/callback-daemon/a2billing-callback-daemon line 25".
On checking /a2billing-callback-daemon line 25 i find under DB PARAMETER
my $dbname = $cfg->val('database', 'dbname'); . I believe i am to plug in my own database name ?to sort this out.I just got cold feet .Do not want to break anything at this stage.
Once again ,thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:14 am 

oka61 wrote:
I believe i am to plug in my own database name ?
No, those credentials are already in a2billing.conf, and once the syntax errors in that file are corrected it will work fine.

A lot was covered in this thread. If you apply changeset 220 to your own callback daemon, it will tell you which lines of a2billing.conf are bogus.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:32 pm 

stavros wrote:
oka61 wrote:
I believe i am to plug in my own database name ?
No, those credentials are already in a2billing.conf, and once the syntax errors in that file are corrected it will work fine.

A lot was covered in this thread. If you apply changeset 220 to your own callback daemon, it will tell you which lines of a2billing.conf are bogus.

Once again, thanks for the help. I sorted it out using changeset 220 as you advised.But i still had to change three colons to semi colons(used to comment the three lines out) on lines 643,857 and 1067 in /etc/asterisk/a2billing.conf.It was giving a failed to parse error until this was done.
Now to test drive it. Lunch is on me anytime you pass thru kent.Thanks a million.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:26 pm 

oka61 wrote:
i still had to change three colons to semi colons(used to comment the three lines out) on lines 643,857 and 1067 in /etc/asterisk/a2billing.conf.It was giving a failed to parse error until this was done.
That's a 6 month old bug, fixed here. You might be interested to learn of other updates to the config file, but be aware that some of them are tied to newer code not yet released.

Voice Broadcast System