provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:02 am
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject: callback setup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:57 am 

Hi,

I am configuring a2billing. The calling card is working fine and now I am trying to setup callback. I started the callabck-daemon service and added a context in extensions.conf

[a2billing-callback]
exten => _X.,1,Answer
exten => _X.,n,DeadAGI(a2billing.php|1|callback|)
exten => _X.,n,Hangup

Now how I can test the callback?? Do I need to do anything else for DID callback?? Please help ...

--
Sumit Goel

Post subject: Re: callback setup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:25 am 

You can simply use a DID or simply a SIP client and dial the extension and test it.
There is a few different types of call back so it depends on your needs for which one to use.

[a2billing-callback]
exten => _X.,1,DeadAGI(a2billing.php|1|callback)
exten => _X.,n,Hangup

[a2billing-cid-callback]
exten => _X.,1,DeadAGI(a2billing.php|1|cid-callback|34) ;last parameter is the callback area code
exten => _X.,n,Hangup

[a2billing-all-callback]
exten => _X.,1,DeadAGI(a2billing.php|1|all-callback|34) ;last parameter is the callback area code
exten => _X.,n,Hangup

Post subject: Call-Back pupose
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:09 am 

Could anyone please explain what the sole purpose of the call back feature is used for?

I am having troubles finding simple documentation telling its sole purpose or what is was developed for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:15 am 

Hi Jacknab

In some countries around the world, it is cheaper to make a call to that country, and then a call to a destination, than it is to dial direct to the destination.

So you call the A2Billing platform, the caller ID is captured, but the call is never answered, so there is no charge for the call.

10 seconds later, the A2Billing platform calls you back, and gives you secondary dialtone to dial onwards.

However, callback has been around for years, and from personal experience, fraught with difficulties.

These can include:-

1. Tone clamping, only a few tones are allowed through by the incumbent carrier in country.

2. Caller ID not properly delivered.

3. Mobile carriers blocking well known callback trigger numbers

4. Carriers answering the call before it is delivered to the end party, causing the IVR to start up early.

5. Customers fluffing the dialling, so you end up with high A leg charges and no revenue.

6. Its difficult to sell and explain.

All in all, in my opinion, callback is a very last resort as a product, after all other options are exhausted.

Joe

Post subject: thanks for the reply.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:54 am 

That clears that up.

I was trying to come up with something that would work as a call back route based on CID#

So when a card number makes a call to a land line number it creates a link to the SIP/cardnumber and 10 digit phone number dialed.

On outbound trunk, would be defined with a fixed CID # which is the DID# to an inbound route - when DID is called it does inbound-CID routing, if the callers CID# is in db, then forward the call to the SIP/{cardnumber}

VoIP Billing solution