provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:49 am
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: Documentatoin on CallBack or some explaination plz
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:37 pm 

Hey Guys,

I have been playing with YellowJacket for a while now but never had the chance to test Callback module and I would like to know what it's capable of. Currently when I call my pbx with my cell phone, I get Hangup() and then Astersk 1.4 calls me with CallBack module from FreePBX and then connects me to A2Billing context. This only allows me for one way billing because the first callback is made trough FreePBX callback. Can I setup A2Billing Callback to also receive call, authenticate based on CallerID and to do Hangup(), and call me back and allow me to make calls?

Please let me know if what I am asking is possible with A2Billing Callback module and where can I get some information or documentation on how to set the calback module.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bruce

Post subject: Re: Documentatoin on CallBack or some explaination plz
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:48 am 

yes there are 3 dialplans I beleive work for this.

[a2billing-callback]
exten => _X.,1,deadAGI(a2billing.php|1|callback)
exten => _X.,n,Hangup

[a2billing-cid-callback]
exten => _X.,1,deadAGI(a2billing.php|1|cid-callback|34) ;last parameter is the callback area code
exten => _X.,n,Hangup

[a2billing-all-callback]
exten => _X.,1,deadAGI(a2billing.php|1|all-callback|34) ;last parameter is the callback area code
exten => _X.,n,Hangup

But a simple solution would to create a call back in Free PBX and then route a toll free DID to an announcement that go to the callback destination after playback.

Then set up your callback function to goto the A2billing dialplan that asks for the callers PIN number, as if they called into your local access number(s).

Using Toll Free DID's with Vitelity I have found is the same price as a local DID per minute, also using Toll Free numbers when the caller calls your system no matter what privacy settings the phone has setup using a Toll Free number the privacy information is always stripped. (USA only I'm sure)

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:48 am 

Thanks for the info. I have seen those three options somewhere else. I have the followings questions now:

1- Please explain the three different options that you noted. What does each do differently?

2- Do I not have to create Callback server group and other settings in A2Billing? If "Yes" that is what I want to know how to do.

3- Where should these three options be inserted in FreePBX to catch the incoming calls in case of FreePBX?

Also, FreePBX incoming routes would be a pain when there are 1000s of numbers to insert.

I appreciate your input.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:27 pm 

I didn't have callback daemon installed. No one seems to pay attention to that when the Callback talk comes up for people who are new to it. Finally solved.

Thanks

Predictive Dialer